Very difficult to get job...

My last job was with Altrincham, took over when they had just been promoted to Blue Square, then lead them to League One within two years, once via playoff's and second year I came second in League 2. I then resigned at the end of the season, expecting a decent league one job.

It's now been two seasons and all I keep getting is blue square offers! What's going on?!

Thats probably due to the fact that you've only gained promotion via either the playoffs or finishing second. I think unless you win the league then your managerial reputation doesn't increase that much, therefore you won't get job offers from higher reputation clubs.

Personally i think there should be a bit more of a reputation gain for getting a team promoted but i guess thats how the game is. Anyway thats the simplified explanation as i understand it.

Originally posted by 12588sam:

It's now been two seasons and all I keep getting is blue square offers! What's going on?!

It's extremely hard to get a job when out of work and you are best applying when with a club. Also you've technically won nothing and have been a manager for only to years, starting with a reputation of a Sunday League footballer.

If you had chosen a different reputation then perhaps you would have found work easier, but your still unproven. Paul Ince is an example of a manager who has attracted attention whilst managing in lower divisions, but he is a former international footballer. I don't think many people with 2 years experience as a manager and none as a footballer would get many offers IRL.

My two years with Altrincham wasn't the first two in the game, I was with Farsley for a year, coming 7th when they expected relegation. I then got offered a job with Vizenca and exceeded expectations, before starting with Altrincham. My rep is "Regional", I understand I haven't won anything but I don't want to start at Blue Square again! Any ideas?

I started a game unemployed and ended up at Oggersheim (German Regionalliga). Sucky team in a sucky league with only ONE promotion spot. Got relegated, of course. It took me another season and a half before I finally got an offer from Northwich in the BSN.

If I don't get another offer after a season or two, I usually delete that manager and create a new one.

Archived