If you are a top top manager could you apply for a job at a club with a manager...

On FM08 I was manager of River Plate and declared interest in the Real Madrid job and they immediately sacked Schuster and offered me the job.

Heh sounds funny. I'd love to do that to a lower league club and then turn them down.

Heh sounds funny. I'd love to do that to a lower league club and then turn them down.

It might not work with a lower league club if you are employed as they will not want you basically as the compensation they would have to pay to get you would be too much and they assume you would not want to manage them on the wages they can offer.

But you would not be that cruel? :D

I actually did this on FM08. I was manager of Man Utd and Cheltenham were in the relegation zone and therefore their manager was under pressure. I declared my interest in the job, they fired the current manager and then offered me the job but then I rejected them :D.

I actually did this on FM08. I was manager of Man Utd and Cheltenham were in the relegation zone and therefore their manager was under pressure. I declared my interest in the job, they fired the current manager and then offered me the job but then I rejected them :D.

That was harsh on their previous manager. :D

What division were Cheltenham in?

Archived