A Challenge

Breaking News:

Lewes football club was today declared bankrupt, which meant all players and staff being released. Lewes Chairman said " despite things hitting rock bottom we believe if we get the right manager in place he can get us out of the red and into the black again and also take us further than any other manager has before."

After further questions the chairman revealed that the new manager was none other than Mike Bassett(thats you).

Your Challenge is to build a team good enough to progress through the leagues and reach the EPL with European glory, along the way you must get the team out of the red and into the black without using sugar daddy or any other unlockables.

You will be playing in England, Scotland, Italy and Spain once you have reached European glory with Lewes you are free to move to which ever club you wish and this game has a very up to date database included(not the most recent but i have added to the oldest version)

Feedback is a must!

Link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EE86Q26G

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna download this tonight. My guess is 7 seasons to win the champions league. Ambitious but it's definitely possible as I got Kettering all the way to the championship in consecutive seasons before leaving to join Millwall. Definitely could have gone up again so could have been premiership in 5 seasons with kettering and once your there it's pretty easy to finish top 4 and get champs league qualification.

Heres were im up to so far:

Signings:

G.Tomlin-Free

P.Winn-Loan

S.Ainge-Loan

K.Murtagh-Loan

M.Skavysh-Loan

Hague-Free

Richardson-Free

Thompson-Free

Clark-Free

Pulman-Free

Future Signings: December

C.Smith-Free

J.Osbourne-Free

C.King-Free

J.Mattila-Free

1 league game played

(A)Wrexham-Won 5-0

Cant seem to get anymore players in but im still trying

• 2 weeks later...

1st season complete:

Final league position: 11th

Top scorer:Mattila- 10

Top assists:Bandiera-7

Job offers: Darlington and stevenage

The club still bankrupt so i might sell a few players to get some money in.

Ive signed 19 players so far but that has put me 2000 over the wage budget which isnt the best for a bankrupt club.

Season 2:

League position- 12th

top scorer-matilla 21 goals in 39 games avr 7.41

assists: c.king 9 assists

job offers:burton,barrow,southport

If you want me to add more detail just ask :D

No promotion again and lost a few players who had big club release clauses but with the money i brought a few regens which were better, so hopefully i'll be able to gain promotion at the 3rd time.

1st season complete:

Final league position: 1st

Top scorer:r.owen-12

Top assists:t.lyons-5

Job offers: weymouth

should have improved the financial status by winning the league and getting promotion , adam boyd,miles addison,sam williams,james sinclair have all agreed to sign when their contracts expire

wage budget is £5,750 per week, my current wage total is 5,750 per week, so the new signings coming in (boyd,addison,williams,sinclair.) will tip us back over the budget, i started the season using a liverpool style formation but now use a chelsea style 4-3-3 formation

Finally

Final league position:- 4th

Got promoted through playoffs:

Aldershot- won 5-1

Aldershot- won 1-0

Mansfield- won 1-0

In the last 20 games i let a 7 point lead slip to end up being 6 points behind oxford.

Top scorer:Craig Hudson- 21 goals in 29 games with an avr of 7.37 (injured for around 4 months of the season)- signed for 26k

Top assists:Simon Richman- 14 assists in 46 games with avr of 6.89- signed for 22k

Mattila scored 19 goals in 41 games with an avr 7.41- keeps up his record of scored on average 1 goal every 2 games.

The board injected 2.1m into the club so now finances are now insecure.

I got a transfer budget of 30k and wage budget £8000pw, max wage of £800pw

A few of the younger players values:

Tosic: 31.5m - 45 assists in 3 seasons

Galvan: 6.5m - 68 goals in 3 seasons (linked to chelsea and liverpool)

Zuculini: 5.25m - 30 assists in 3 seasons (linked to tottenham)

Just thought i'd show you how a few of your add ins were getting on

Season 4:

Final League position: 1st (104 points)

JPT: Winners (1-0 victory over hartlepool)

Top Scores: Jarno Mattila: 27 goals in 50 games with an avr of 7.74

:Russell Fotheringham: 27 goals in 56 games with an avr of 7.80

Top Assist's: Rui Fonseca: 25 assist's in 52 games with avr 7.42

Key Players:

GK:Joe Lockwood: An 20 year old english GK who has been my 1st choice for the past 3 seasons.Should have a great future ahead of him.

DF:Aaron Chambers: A 17 year old brought at the beginning of the season for just 2k and proved to be one of the best buys so far.His main stats are tackling:17 Pace:17 Strength:16 Stamina:20. Another player who has got a great future and probably one of the players who are going to play in every league with me.

MF:Rui Fonseca: Got on a free transfer at the beginning of the season after benfica deemed him surplus to requirements.He's a24 year old AM who i play on the left of a 4-3-3 formation.On his 1st season he managed to get 25 assists and 6 goals which has seen his valuation reach the 150k mark.

SC:Jarno Mattila:Signed on a free transfer halfway through season 1 and is one of the main reason's i won the league.In total he's managed to score 77 goals in 152 games. Theirs been a few clubs interested in him but i've rejected every offer which has come in for him.He's now 27 and he's one of the most experienced membders of my squad and will be counting on him in league 1.

Loan signings:

I made 2 loan signing's and both of them improved my squad alot: first is james musah who i loaned from heart of lions.He's a ghanaian dm who managed to score 12 times in the 43 games he played. Ive had a bid of 50k accepted but cant agree personal terms with him as he want 2,100 pw and i can only offer 800pw.

The second is striker Fotheringham: I loaned him from reading for the season and he managed to score 27 in 56.He was the only striker who could keep up with mattila but unfortunately i don't think i'll be able to sign him full time due to wage demands.

The club is now in a secure financial situation so hopefully they will increase the transfer budget and wage budgets so i wont have to sell any of my better players.

The 5th season will be up sometime soon.That enough detail or too much?

:thup: This is the only save i've enjoyed for weeks thanks ridley :thup:

I made a very big mistake,

I accidently sold my amazing young defender chambers for 65k. I don't even remember seeing a bid come in for him.

I managed to get musah back on loan for the season but he's finding it harder in league 1, he's only scored 1 with an avr of 6.60.

My big signing of the summer was chris eagles.I managed to get him for just 220k and atm he's got an avr of 7.83.

Am aiming for 3 promotions in a row and after 5 games i am in 2nd joint on points with barnsley.

Theirs a few bigs names playing in league 1 now, most notably silvestre and vorinin.

Leeds and Nottingham forest are both back in the premiership and west ham, sunderland and bolton are all on the championship.

Archived