Press Conferences...Question - Not A Rant!!

Just a question...are press conferences called whenever you sign a big-time player? In real life the manager is there when they're unveiled and normally they'll answer a few questions...and thats with ANY player, so I'm thinking surely we should be able to say something at the unveiling of a player at our club?

I'm not sure if it happens, I'm asking and if not I'm proposing that it should be done...and it could be used for various things. For example, say you sign Villa for Chelsea, you could then state that you're accepting offers for Anelka/Drogba so interest will heighten...likewise you can assure your stars of their futures and this will raise moral. You could also say why you brought the player in (if a bench-player then state hes for re-inforcements, if hes a star player say he's the quality you've been after etc.).

ALSO, we've all been at clubs where the chairman buys you someone you don't want. I had Simao bought for me at Chelsea on last seasons game...so how about simply not attending the conference to underline that he isn't your player?

Just some ideas...

i think calling your own press conference is a great shout

if youve had a bad run of form or theres press speculation about you leaving the club, what better than to dramatically call a press conference and set the record straight

at the moment, press conferences seem very lazily heaped together

Currently, press conferences are called in 3 situations: new job, pre-match and post-match.

The expansion of press conferences is something that is under review.

I can assure you that the press conferences are not "very lazily heaped together" - it is a very big module that requires a lot of man hours. A lot of work went into FM09's press conferences, people don't realise how text-heavy they are. Not only were hundreds (if not into the thousands) of questions were written, but they all had to be translated and then all had to be contextualised into the game with code to ensure the questions are relevant and called at the right time.

The restriction of time means that unfortunately press conferences can seem small and repetetive, especially if you manage at one club or one level most of the time. If you manage different clubs in different situations at different levels you will start to see how much work has gone into the module in its current state.

Having said that though, we are actively looking to expand upon the current module, improving it in accordance with the reactions we have received for it. I should imagine that a lot more work will go into Press Conferences in the future, vastly improving it.

Archived