Someone please help me :)

Hi, i wonder if some could help me with this, im sorta new to this forum soo if im posting in the wrong place someone tell me :), basically i want to know how many nations and leagues my laptop can play at a reasonable speed, here are my system details..

Windows Vista Home Premium

AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70

3.00 GB Ram

ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics

and im not sure but i think its 2.ghz

Just could someone sorta guide me on the amount of leagues i should play, roughly :)

Thanks alot

Robbie

Hi, i wonder if some could help me with this, im sorta new to this forum soo if im posting in the wrong place someone tell me :), basically i want to know how many nations and leagues my laptop can play at a reasonable speed, here are my system details..

Windows Vista Home Premium

AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70

3.00 GB Ram

ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics

and im not sure but i think its 2.ghz

Just could someone sorta guide me on the amount of leagues i should play, roughly :)

Thanks alot

Robbie

I play with between 25-30 on a laptop which is not as good as yours with no problems, so you should be able to handle 30-40 no problem.

When you start a game you can ask for a recommended setup which advises you on the number of leagues and nations, etc to use.

To be honest the recommended setup is pants.

On my gaming PC it said I should be running just the English and Scottish leagues, that was with the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz

4GB RAM

500GB HDD

HiS HD4670 1GB graphics card

I have the same set up as you bar graphics card, NVIDIA 9200 or summit along those line.

I play on English leagues including conference n / s. TBH with you i could not play anymore leagues than that...the speed is just about right, though i would prefer it quicker, it is still playable, many more and it would be too slow for my taste.

I suppose it depends how long you mind waiting for processing ? But worth remembering the more leagues you run you will there will be a noticeable slowdown the further you get into the game as the save gets bigger and bigger

It all depends on what you are running in the background,the guy asked what he could run and ppl including myself have given him a safe option,running 40 leagues from your 25 leagues is a massive step,I have a better sytem than both of you(not being big headed)and I wouldnt run 40 leagues.

It all depends on what you are running in the background,the guy asked what he could run and ppl including myself have given him a safe option,running 40 leagues from your 25 leagues is a massive step,I have a better sytem than both of you(not being big headed)and I wouldnt run 40 leagues.

The only time I have slowness is when first setting up the game, which takes between 5 and 10 minutes, depending on where I'm managing.

I do ask you go and read my post again, especially where I said between 25 and 30 leagues, and suggested he could be ok between 30 and 40.

I have integrated graphics, dual core and 2GB RAM on this laptop so I wouldn't be surprised if you have a better system ;)

Talking about things running in the background, I only have 3 Firefox windows open, and Xfire so not alot.

A very mature response.

Robbie - I suggest you work with what you feel comfortable with, there is no doubting the less amount of leagues you run the faster it will be, running upto 40 leagues will not break, kill or damage your system in anyway tho.

The advise I would give is: run the *minimum* leagues that you feel are necessary to give you a sustainable long-term database.

In my experience, that means the top leagues from each of:

England

France

Germany

Italy

Spain

(to keep the Champions League competitive),

Argentina

Brazil

(for long-term regens)

Beyond that, obviously, wherever you want to start managing, whether that's the Blue Square North or the Romanian Second division, you'll need those leagues active.

I also like to add the top league for a couple of national teams which I might want to manage (as it keeps their regens flowing). Personally, that usually means Scotland, Portgual, the U.S., Holland, and Croatia.

If you're planning a primarily English game, you might want to add Poland and Belgium for work-permit feeder clubs.

Archived