Club and national experiment with the same team

As an experiment i decided to take control of the England job whilst still in charge of Arsenal. I'm in my 5th season and I have just signed 9 English players (all play different positions) who I think will be playing for England in the not so distant future.

These 7 players along with Walcott, and Wilshire will complete my starting line up for Arsenal and England.

My hope is that after a year playing with each other at club level they should all be able to gel quickly at national level as they will be used to playing with each other, also in case its not obvious I will be using the same tactics for both teams.

After the current club season finishes with Arsenal I will go to the world cup with England. I hope to win the league and others comps (it'll be a bonus if i do) with a young English team of wonderkids. These kids will be playing the whole season for Arsenal so I can blend them as much as possible before the world cup, I guess how sucessful I do with Arsenal may give me an idea of how I do at the World cup.

Have any of you tried any other crazy experiments with FM09? I usually have to as I feel its adds to the whole experience and ensures that i don't lose interest.

I did it with Rangers and Scotland last year. I reached the World Cup final in 2014 and got conned by a dodgy ref who let Brazil score an offside goal in injury time. The FA kept silent....big wow!

Archived