transfer window

im not happy, for the second time ive been screwed over by the close of the january transfer window.

previously, on an old tottenham game i agreed to buy daniel sturridge from city for £1m in january rather than wait to get him on a free in the summer, but after continuing the game following my confirming the transfer im told its set to go through in the summer.

similarly, im united, and received a very tempting £12m bid from milan for park ji-sung and decided i would sell him if i could find a replacement, therefore, i accepted the bid and sold him once i had agreed a fee and contract for alexis sanchez from udinese. sanchez then got his work permit on the 31st anf i confirmed his transfer at 23.45 with no warning that it might not make it, but obviously, it didnt, and im a player short for the rest of the season till sanchez joins in the summer. im not happy i wouldnt have sold him had a known that would happen.

whats all that about?

yeah i wouldnt mind if it had said "its unclear whether 'said player' will be registered in time", but it leads me to believe there will be no problem, hence the quarter to midnight on the clock. damn coniving fm

no it doesnt, not where a team is led to believe that they can sign a player before the deadline only to be told that in fact, once the transfer has been confirmed and is therefore concrete, that the player will not join until july. in real life teams might lose players to other clubs, or not manage to complete a deal before midnight, but they wont complete a deal with the belief the transfer is immediate only to be told, after confirmation, that it wont go through until the summer

Archived