How I Would Like To Shape FM...

There are quite a few topics on here about ideas, but I thought it would be cool to have a thread about what us members would do if there was a FM2010 we could add features with. Please note, any posts such as "Don't make the game" or harsh critism isn't welcome in here, let's all keep it friendly.

1) Manager Tactics: It would be cool to have a quick link on the display to change tactics. For example, if you score a goal in the 88th minute, instead of going to tactics, you could have a simple drop down box, for example, "Sir Alex Ferguson's men are adopting a more defensive approach after scoring that goal. I know you can do this, but it would save time going to tactics and all.

2) Manager Emotions: Giving managers more personalty. How often do you see parading down the touch line? Bark out instructions if a player isn't performing well. If players see their manager distressed, will they play better? Or will they buckle? Or if a penatly shout goes against you, moan/protest... wiill you pressurise the referree... or will you get sent down the stands by the fourth offical?

3) Team Talks: A little revamp. A few more options, plus a few more reactions... hopefully making the "Dosen't seem to be listening" a little more infrequent.

4) Will naturally happen... but just gradually improve the 3D engine/look. I wouldn't do any majore changes, just gradually build it up... kinda like what happened with the 2D engine.

5) Training Overhaul: I would like the training to be overhauled, and make it more relevent for each player and there positon. For example, training could be set as time to %. So, 5% of your time could be practising penatlies. Naturally, if your player isn't a good penatly taker, you could set this to 0%. You could get more time, which would make more %, if you increased the amount. However, you may get injuries or a lack of stamina.

These are just my own things which I would do if I had the chance. Be interesting to see people's own ideas, or comments!

Other than that, just keep making the game, it's great :D

Tactical UI. Get rid of the god awful and horrendously vague/misleading sliders and completely redo it to make it less complicated and fiddly.

There is a danger that simplifying/verbalising the tactical format might only compound the confusion though. I agree with the proposal for sure, and would love to see the sliders at least obscured .. but I do worry that by re-introducing a bit of the old CM mystique they will get it wrong and smother it all in steak sauce or worse turn team tactics into press conferences. :(

There is a danger that simplifying/verbalising the tactical format might only compound the confusion though. I agree with the proposal for sure, and would love to see the sliders at least obscured .. but I do worry that by re-introducing a bit of the old CM mystique they will get it wrong and smother it all in steak sauce or worse turn team tactics into press conferences. :(

that's another point, team talks need to be dumbed down a bit in the outcome they have on the match.

If they don't want to redo the tactics, then they need some sort of fully-scripted assistant that explains what each option does, and more importantly, how it interacts with other sliders.

that's another point, team talks need to be dumbed down a bit in the outcome they have on the match.

If they don't want to redo the tactics, then they need some sort of fully-scripted assistant that explains what each option does, and more importantly, how it interacts with other sliders.

The tactics/team talks are something I believe would benefit greatly from being re-done. They have gone a bit stale. Were they were first introduced, they were fantastic but I think they need to be modified now.

Archived