Right, I'm AFC Telford and I'm in 2026/7 in the Premier League. Anywho, I'm in desperate need of a new stadium, as my original one holds only 14,000 and there is no chance of an expansion. I've sold out my stadium every year since I've been in the league (about 5/6 now), so it's not a case of not having enough fans. I've got about £180m in the bank, so the money isn't an issue. Why can't I get a new stadium?

Has anyone else got a new stadium as a team from a basement league? If so, what were the criteria for you getting it, was it a specific number of seasons in the top league, did you have to be in the Champions League etc?

Cheers.

Posted this in LLM section, but apparently wasn't in the right section, not sure why the mod didn't just move it into this section, but whatever floats your boat...

Was there anything specific you done to get one built?

I'm in the same boat you were:

It's 2017, Wycombe are 1 point away from winning the Premiership, I also have approx 180 million in the bank but I've been stuck in a 14000 seater stadium for the last 10 years, filling it constantly.

I would rather have a new one built fair and square but I'm tempted just to use fmrte if it's not built this year.

I just got promoted to PRM with Hyde (after 9 long seasons). My stadium is capped out at 6000 which i sell out regularly (even in the championship). The board say they will never get another expansion approval so the only option is to move to a new stadium.

What conditions do i need to meet in order to get a new stadium?

I just got promoted to PRM with Hyde (after 9 long seasons). My stadium is capped out at 6000 which i sell out regularly (even in the championship). The board say they will never get another expansion approval so the only option is to move to a new stadium.

What conditions do i need to meet in order to get a new stadium?

Well mate, the only things I think matter are: 1) money, mine cost £38m, so if you don't have about £50m, the board should take out a loan. 2) European Football, you should get one anyway, but this might cement your chances. 3) I wouldn't request it, it may just be a massive coincidence, but the one season when I didn't ask for an extension was the year when I got the new stadium. Like I say, would be ridiculous if that was the case, but I'd try it just in case.

That should be it mate.

And Tom: yeh, it is rather small, still, but it would be about the 12th biggest stadium, and considering the size of Telford, I'm relatively pleased, and I can still of course expand it, so it shouldn't be a problem.

27,868 is a bit of an odd number for a capacity isnt it?

Not really, most premier league grounds have odd seating capacities

Old Trafford 76,212

Emirates Stadium 60,355

St James' Park 52,387

Stadium of Light 49,000

City of Manchester Stadium 47,726

Anfield 45,552

Villa Park 42,573

Stamford Bridge 42,360

Goodison Park 40,569

As you can see, only 1 out of the top 10 has a round figure as capacity.

aye us, what i was on about wasnt the fact its that size but more the odd number for a new ground as these are genrally rounded to a specific number eg. when ours was built it was 42k then expanded to 49k, Eastlands i dont really include as it was built for the commonwealth games not man city,The rest you have listed are grounds turned from Terraces to seating so its expected to have odd numbers as its a case of fit asmany seats into the space as possible,

Archived