A few random FM musings...

Does anyone else arrange friendly fixtures for their reserves? The reserve team matches are obviously useful to get first teamers who have just returned from injuries back to match fitness but sometimes the gaps in between games can be as much as three weeks. It can be a boring process to keep offering up friendlies to opposition teams but I'm guessing its useful, or is it only me?

Regarding player photos, am I also in the minority in being deterred from signing someone if their picture isn't in the game. I've done the trawls of the usual sites getting as many pics as possible, so I'm reasonably happy with the amount in the game but invariably there will be the odd player that seems to have the potential to be a good signing but if I haven't already got his photo I'm put off. It especially bothered me recently in my new game as manager of Panathinaikos. They have very little money and I was enticed to venture into the free transfer market, the main obvious attractions being Davids and tubby Ronaldo amongst many others, but alas despite much wasted time looked for a free transfer facepack on the net I am yet to track one down. I'm sure there was one for 08?

Has anyone been able to get more than two commercial link affiliated clubs? I've heard two is the maximum, so therefore I would be wasting my time in requesting another one and miss the chance for another feeder club if I asked my board?

Am I missing something or has the number of nations of available to mange been decreased since 08? I know for a fact I got the Cyprus job last time, but it doesn't seem to be one of the options now, neither does the USA job?

Speaking of Cyprus, has it definitely been confirmed by SI that no more leagues will be added in the future? I was really hoping the Cyprus league to be available this year, but no joy. With the success of Omonoia, Apoel and of course Anorthosis on the european stage this year surely its consideration for the game makers? I understand that Cyprus is probably not a major market for SI, but clearly there are many players of FM worldwide that would like a go at managing in Cyprus?

Does anyone else arrange friendly fixtures for their reserves? The reserve team matches are obviously useful to get first teamers who have just returned from injuries back to match fitness but sometimes the gaps in between games can be as much as three weeks. It can be a boring process to keep offering up friendlies to opposition teams but I'm guessing its useful, or is it only me?

I arrange reserve friendlies with German or Spanish B teams. They always agree and it's not too much work to set these up as well.

Regarding player photos, am I also in the minority in being deterred from signing someone if their picture isn't in the game. I've done the trawls of the usual sites getting as many pics as possible, so I'm reasonably happy with the amount in the game but invariably there will be the odd player that seems to have the potential to be a good signing but if I haven't already got his photo I'm put off. It especially bothered me recently in my new game as manager of Panathinaikos. They have very little money and I was enticed to venture into the free transfer market, the main obvious attractions being Davids and tubby Ronaldo amongst many others, but alas despite much wasted time looked for a free transfer facepack on the net I am yet to track one down. I'm sure there was one for 08?
Strange way to look at things. I don't really care about the pictures but sometimes if I'm bored and have too much time on my hands I'll do the pictures myself. If missing pictures really bothers you that much you might want to learn to do this as well.
Has anyone been able to get more than two commercial link affiliated clubs? I've heard two is the maximum, so therefore I would be wasting my time in requesting another one and miss the chance for another feeder club if I asked my board?
Two is the maximum AFAIK.
Am I missing something or has the number of nations of available to mange been decreased since 08? I know for a fact I got the Cyprus job last time, but it doesn't seem to be one of the options now, neither does the USA job?
You'll have to have the respective league running or all players loaded from the country to be able to manage them.
Speaking of Cyprus, has it definitely been confirmed by SI that no more leagues will be added in the future? I was really hoping the Cyprus league to be available this year, but no joy. With the success of Omonoia, Apoel and of course Anorthosis on the european stage this year surely its consideration for the game makers? I understand that Cyprus is probably not a major market for SI, but clearly there are many players of FM worldwide that would like a go at managing in Cyprus?
I don't think they've ever said they'd definitely not add any more leagues in the future. There's always a possibility, though adding leagues has obviously not been SI's priority as of late.

Archived