Very Bad Balance

I just got MK Dons team promoted to League One (about a motnh ago on game). However, balance says i'm £1.13m in the red although my wage budget I'm only -£244. As a League One club \I can't produce much revenue through sellingplayers so how do I overturn this?

I just got MK Dons team promoted to League One (about a motnh ago on game). However, balance says i'm £1.13m in the red although my wage budget I'm only -£244. As a League One club \I can't produce much revenue through sellingplayers so how do I overturn this?

Get loads of high-attribute 15 year olds every June/July (start looking for them the day after you get the Overall Season screen) and people always come in for them.

Slap 50% sell-on clauses on any you sell and you'll be sorted out very nicely in the long run. In the short term, you'll probably make five-figure sums on them.

I've done this with Stafford Rangers. Shame I've got all this money but can't attract anyone decent and experienced to my club.

Get a high profile parent club if poss. Invite them for a friendly to make a short term gain. It won't wipe out the debt but it'll make a small dent.

And try and get your wage bill down further. For players who have little chance of playing more than a couple of games, give them low wages with high appearance/goal bonuses. Bit of a risk in that an injury crisis may mean playing them.

Also, try and use up as many loans as possible - maybe leave one or two for emergencies - by getting players on loan with no wage contribution. This will allow you to replace some players with zero cost.

Another thing about the friendlies: Get large-ish local sides to play you. Ask as many as you can from League 1 and above.

For instance, as Stafford, I managed to get West Brom, Walsall, Wolves and Birmingham all to play me pre season, giving me at least £30k for each game.

Villa said no, the Premiership snobs!

Archived