Players Degressing

Currently I'm managing Bayer Leverkusen, starting up my second season. One of the first players I purchased in my first season was Ramon from CSKA Moscow. He's extremely talented and quickly became one of my top players...

He made something like 33 starts in his first season, 4 goals, 12 assists, pretty damn good if you ask me. Throughout the season from first team experience and training he was improving so much that his player-stats were looking more and more like that of a world class player.

Now...after coming back from preseason break, he has degressed so much and after two months of matches and training, he is degressing even more and of course his play on the field has not been so great,

What's the issue here? Something to do with his mentality? Are my training schemes too heavy? Is he maybe getting burned out? Too much football?

It doesn't say he's jaded, it doesn't say he's in need of a rest...

I'm a little fustrated. Anyone have any past experience with this?

I'd suggest that in the pre-season you put your players on more intense training schedules to restore them to the fitness they were before the end of the season. During the season, it is best (IMO) to have the overall training intensity bar the furthest-right notch of Medium.

Archived