Free Kick-Central???

Just a quick suggestion. I'm sure people, will either go Great Idea!!! or Pah!! who cares.

I have just bought Oscar Cardozo as my main Target Man, he has awesome long shots stat and Free-Kick stat, so obviously I want him taking my free-kicks....but only the central ones....I dont want him standing on the left hand touchline, swinging a ball into the box...that I want HIM to get on the end of!!!

Is it possible that in future versions of FM we can have a Free-Kick Central as well as Left/Right???

Or an option to choose the player who shoots from free kicks and the one who delivers into the box and a slider (or simply an option to choose preference like corners) to choose how often each is done? If you have no great free kick takers have the slider all the way down so you always deliver into the box, if you have Juninho have it all the way up so he will shoot from distance/angles.

Or an option to choose the player who shoots from free kicks and the one who delivers into the box and a slider (or simply an option to choose preference like corners) to choose how often each is done? If you have no great free kick takers have the slider all the way down so you always deliver into the box, if you have Juninho have it all the way up so he will shoot from distance/angles.

FM has needed to distinguish between direct and indirect free kicks for years to be fair.

FM has needed to distinguish between direct and indirect free kicks for years to be fair.

You don't necessarily want to shoot just because it's a direct free kick though, and with an indirect free kick you might want to touch it to the side for a shot if it is in a good position. The position of the free kick is what decides what you want to do with it.

You don't necessarily want to shoot just because it's a direct free kick though, and with an indirect free kick you might want to touch it to the side for a shot if it is in a good position. The position of the free kick is what decides what you want to do with it.

You're absolute right :thup: Sloppy on my part generalising and assuming people would know that I meant 'shooting and not-shooting' freekicks. You're spot on though, and perhaps the game could be coded in terms of distance from the goal determining whether its a shooting opporunity or not, on top of the direct/indirect rules.

Well spotted :thup:

Great idea and obviously an area which is poorly implemented in FM.

I too have Oscar Cardozo and would like him to take just some types of free-kicks as happens IRL. But no, either he takes them all (I assigned him to take the kicks on the RIGHT) or he doesn't take any.

SI, take note of this and do something about it, please! Thanks!

Archived