Player offered to my club

LOSC Lille offered a player to my club for £6000. I accepted it. But, to my surprise, my bid was then rejected. The message was like this: "LOSC indicated that there are several interested parties and they will not be rushed into a decision by potential buyers setting deadlines on their transfers offers". What a strange reply since it was LOSC who offered the player to my club. My guess was that LOSC was eager to get rid of their player and as fast as possible. Maybe the same offer was given to other clubs, but I thought that all the clubs that would accept the given price, wouldn't be rejected. Anybody else experienced this ?

Yes, I reckon that, but why is this so important to LOSC, when they offered the player for £6000. I guessed they would be more than satisfied if another club would accept this price, and then could get rid of the player.

I had something similar to this when trying to sign kalouda.

I enquired and they said 800k, which i therefoe bid only for it to be rejected. I then offered a million which was also rejected.

Then to my complete surprise he is picked up by Genk for a mere 300k, dont understand that one.

Archived