[Feature Req] Player Cost Information

Given the increased costs of running clubs (not a complaint, i've managed to steady my ship - it's entirely realistic, very many clubs are bleeding money right now and will need bailing out or will go bust), I've started to give much more consideration when handing out contracts, and reviewing them to see if they are worthwhile. One thing that seems beyond my control at the moment are bonus payouts.

I would like to see a screen for each player (you can only see if they're yours, or they're yours but on loan to someone else) showing how much has been paid out to them for the last 10 weeks, like the form screen. I'd also like to see an "average cost per week" stat, to see the effect of their bonuses over all; maybe throw in some non-vital but interesting stats like "cost per goal, cost per game, cost per minute, cost per clean sheet" and so on.

I'd also like to see the game be a bit more detailed. I know that I am not the chairman, but a bit more detail on what "non football costs" are would be nice. I have seen several managers threaten to walk because of poor financial administration within their club. Merchandising could also be broken down - it'd be nice to see trends and bumps in this because of performances, and may even player related merchandising. "Sales of Hamed Diomande shirts rocketed after his brace against rivals Brest.", or the same data represented in graph form.

Oh, and pie charts. I love a good pie chart. I'd like to see at a glance what percentage of my turnover goes on wages. I'd like even more to see what percentage of my turnover is going on that striker who's getting bonuses for appearing but isn't scoring.

Basically, the financial stat nerd in me wants to play. I'd love to see these items included in a future version (next quarter's patch would be brilliant, but I'm talking about FM2010 I guess) or even the ability to export financial details for playing with in an external spreadsheet/database app. After all, at the moment I could just copy down all the data from the screen myself, but wouldn't it be lovely and perhaps trivial to code, to have FM do it for me? Imagine the community latching onto an exported OpenDocument Spreadsheet format and whipping up their own macros and templates and such :)

I wouldn't mind the cost per goal (etc) idea - that's already in the game to an extent (just not with bonuses) when an expensive player signs for a new team, and you get a news report telling you they cost their club X per match. Could certainly be expanded on, and helpful if you're falling in the red.

Archived