Transfer money

In your opinion, what determines how much transfer money you get at the beginning of each season? Is it all dependent on your overall wages compared to your budget? Do you always get nothing if you're close to your budget? I am starting to think that it is really important to keep a tight reign on wages and try to get rid of that guy always on your bench earning 60 grand a week. Not an easy task in this game though with the selling of players being so badly designed. Anyway, any tips anyone could give me on increasing transfer money would be great. I just gave up on my Newcastle game because every single season I never got any money to spend even though I was winning the league every year.

In your opinion, what determines how much transfer money you get at the beginning of each season? Is it all dependent on your overall wages compared to your budget? Do you always get nothing if you're close to your budget? I am starting to think that it is really important to keep a tight reign on wages and try to get rid of that guy always on your bench earning 60 grand a week. Not an easy task in this game though with the selling of players being so badly designed. Anyway, any tips anyone could give me on increasing transfer money would be great. I just gave up on my Newcastle game because every single season I never got any money to spend even though I was winning the league every year.

• SI Staff

When deciding on the transfer budget for the coming season the board look at various aspects ... how successful the clubs been, has the club been running within its budget, did the club spend the transfer money allocated last year etc. ...

In general if you run a 'tight ship' and stay under wage budget then obviously they'll be more likely to give you a higher transfer budget moving forward, if you've blown the wage budget out of the water then chances are they'll restrict the transfer budget a little more.

• SI Staff

With regards selling players have you transfer listed them and offered them to clubs?

If so and you've getting no bites is it possible that they're not worth the £60,000 a week you're paying them and other clubs aren't willing to match that wage (do bear in mind that if they have considerable time left on their contracts players don't normally look upon pay cuts all that favourably).

I realise it might be frustrating that the AI teams aren't stupid and won't blow wages on your excess player ... but it probably isn't a bug in this case.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When deciding on the transfer budget for the coming season the board look at various aspects ... how successful the clubs been, has the club been running within its budget, did the club spend the transfer money allocated last year etc. ...

In general if you run a 'tight ship' and stay under wage budget then obviously they'll be more likely to give you a higher transfer budget moving forward, if you've blown the wage budget out of the water then chances are they'll restrict the transfer budget a little more </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, thank you. So when you say "did the club spend the transfer money allocated last year" what do you mean exactly? It helps you if you spent it or it hinders you? Like if you don't spend it all, the club will be moe likely to give you more or…?

And BTW Marc. This has been said a few times but the fact that you take time to come on here and help us is extremely impressive and speaks volumes of you and your organization. We REALLY appreciate it!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With regards selling players have you transfer listed them and offered them to clubs?

If so and you've getting no bites is it possible that they're not worth the £60,000 a week you're paying them and other clubs aren't willing to match that wage (do bear in mind that if they have considerable time left on their contracts players don't normally look upon pay cuts all that favourably).

I realise it might be frustrating that the AI teams aren't stupid and won't blow wages on your excess player ... but it probably isn't a bug in this case. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I'm certainly transfer listing them and offering them to other clubs. And I notice you get a lot more responses if you offer them for free or for some silly low figure like 50,000 or something and then negotiate way up somewhere nearer their real value. Not sure why this was implimented as it's very unrealistic but anyway…I realise some players aren't going to be in demand much but it's not just limited to overpayed players on long contracts or I wouldn't even bring it up. Good players on decent (not super-high) wages, who would be in big demand IRL, are still a nightmare to get rid of on this game and it's unusual to get a fair price for them even if you're patient.

• SI Staff

If you'd be kind enough to give me a few example player names and a 'rough' season you list them in - I'll test things here and tweak as required for this years version to ensure its as realistic as possible.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Awesome, thank you. So when you say "did the club spend the transfer money allocated last year" what do you mean exactly? It helps you if you spent it or it hinders you? Like if you don't spend it all, the club will be moe likely to give you more or…? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its kinda complicated (isn't it always icon_wink.gif).

There are a few relationships to take into account - but generally if you achieve things without spending money then the board might consider not backing you quite as agressively in the future (this is especially the case if you've built a huge budget through sales and not needed it to win competitions) ... however that being said if you're a good steward (ie. under wage budget) they'll often allow your budget to build a little between years if you had a surplus.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bbuullddoogg:

I'll write future examples down and put them on here. Thanks for the awesome responses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Feel free to email them to me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com - probably quicker if you take that route, that way if I have any other questions we don't have to bore the rest of the forum users icon_wink.gif ..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">havent heard this before... chairman might look to restore the money you spent previous season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happens on every game I play - even if I haven't spent any money for years.

E.g. I started a game as Newcastle on sugar daddy, my wage was nowhere near budget and every season the budget would go down and I would get no money to spend. In the end I was winning the league and a cup every year and always going deep into the Champions League and still no transfer money and the budget would go down. In real life, the income that would generate would be phenominal. But season after season I would get no cash to spend and with the wage budget going down it meant it would in the end get to a situation where I wouldn't be able to buy good players myself even if I did have the money to spend. The budget started at 2.3M but was down to (I think) 1.4M by the time I quit out of frustration. This has happened to me with Chelsea too - although with them at least I got given some transfer money occasionally.

Very bizarre and unrealistic.

Archived