Free kicks

Ever since having taught my best free kick taker the PPM "hits free kicks with power", which I thought would further improve his FK shots/goals ratio, he seems like he's a lot more reluctant to shoot. He just plays a silly pass to someone in the area who puts it well wide, or a short pass to whoever's standing next to him who is of course a lot worse than him at shooting.

Is there any way to force him to actually shoot? Else I'll just have to try to remove that PPM I guess, because he saved us in quite a few games last season.

"He just plays a silly pass to someone in the area who puts it well wide, or a short pass to whoever's standing next to him who is of course a lot worse than him at shooting."

This will be an indirect free kick. Have someone else take the free kick and the player in question stand next to him - then he might shoot.

Unfortunately, the game doesn't allow you to select a different free kick taker for direct and indirect free kicks.

So a lot of those were indirect free kicks? That's possible I guess, but then again he's done the same thing with a couple right on the edge of the box. I was proper gutted.

The game should probably let you set takers for short or long range free kicks, then if it's an indirect, long range one, it should assume that the one you want to shoot is the one set as the taker, while someone else moves the ball.

Yeah, mlindqui43 is right. Hitting them with power is just basically driving them, therefore most of the time it hits the wall or goes way out. Finding a player that can place freekicks and put nice curve on them prob wont have this PPM and shouldnt be given it. Eg. Assulin's freekicks just float into the goal.

Archived