Is this a bug or just an annoying non-feature?

I have been bolstering my ranks with trialists, as I am playing in the lowest echelons of Swedish football and trial players are allowed to feature in league games. Imagine my joy when I found a central defender that outclassed almost anyone at my little club, and that he accepted my offer of a trial. I played him in a league game and he put up a solid display.

So imagine how my joy turned into despair when I found he wasn't in my squad for my next game. He had simply vanished from my roster. I had had no news items so I was left in bewilderment.

I turned to my shortlist, assuming that he hadn't found his way there, and that I had received no news items for that reason.

He was there.

Clicking on his profile I found that he had signed for a higher division club in teh week that had just passed. And I wasn't told of it? Why?

Surely I'd know. He wouldn't have been at training for a start.

Do trainees train elsewhere?

I assume this is something that has legitimately been missed by SI, but it is something that needs to be altered. We need news items on trialists. Especially so if we can field them in league matches.

Archived