Should Players and Staff be More Mercenary?

RKW

Before I get all the replies commenting on how players can sometimes be loyal and stay with their clubs for ever, I'd like to point out that I realise that this is the case for a very small amount of players and that of course this should be reflected in the game.

However, to take an example, in my QPR save Joe Ledley is not interested in a move from his club (Cardiff) to mine, which is relatively similar in stature and reputation, despite the fact that I am proposing to double his wages. This has happened with a few too many other players in my opinion, and my staff searches have warranted sub-standard responses. Surely scouts can't be that loyal to their clubs-why don't they chase the big bucks?

An example of this happening in Real(!) life, Robinho's move to City can't have been motivated by the promise of good football or trophies. Let's face it he moved for the money, and I expect most players would too. Why can't this be reflected in game?

Wasn't for football reasons? Madrid were never going to play him again...only two teams were in for him and Madrid refused to sell to Chelsea out of principle. So Man City was the only way Robinho would play football for at least 4-5 months. Ok he was offered large wages, but i'd say that to say it was non-football reasons is a bit harsh

fair point, but I think it does happen in the game. In the demo as Man City, I filtered out my list and not very high profile players were on there (filtered it to "filter out unrealistic targets)...so I made an offer for Aguero who wasn't on the list. He says he has no interest in joining, so I offer him the largest contract I can. He comes back and says he is tempted but wants a relegation release clause of 30mil in there. I offer him that and he joins. So it does happen, but yeah it could happen more.

Archived