massive problem

i posted in the techinal issues but had no replies thought id try in hear.

i had the game working fine unpatched all be it.

so i patched it etc hoping it would continue to work.

wouldnt work, so looked up advice and follwed advice etc directx and latest drivers etc.

still didnt work so thought fine ill just unistall the game install the game again and make do with unpatched version.

now when i put the game in the drive to install it. it comes up with

install anywere is trying to install.

it then loads up and come up with the message

please select another location to extract the installer too

it has options such as, desktop, my documents, hdd, fm2009, shared documents etc

every thing i choose it just comes up again please select another location.

i dont understand how this can be i mean it was working fine.

one seriously upset fm player whos sat night is completely ruined, unless one of you fablous people could solve it for me?

please would be much appreciated

A quick tip

If you have the DVD boxed version disconnect initially from the internet.

This will avoid a 4 hour download over he internet. This maybe overkill but avoid the mistake / issue I had

Use explorer to look at the DVD contents on your dvd drive. In one of the folders is an installation file, double click to start the install

I suggest not to use the steam method.

Once the game has installed it will want to log onto the internet to allow you to activate the game. Connect back up to the internet

When you log onto the site key in the code off your manual but beware zeroes could be oh's

Once done download the patch. Don't run when prompted save it to desktop. Double click from desktop and the patch will install and you'll be off and going hopefully!

Archived