Getting started?

Sorry if this is repeating a thread, but i have looked and cannot find the information i need.

I have bought FM09 for the PC and it is whisking its way through the post as we speak, what i would like someone to let me know is, what do i need other then the latest patch to fix all the problems and get me all set up so i can start a new game straight away :)

Thanks in advance :D

All you need is the patch. Personally, I would disagree with a lot of people and recommend authenticating through STEAM. You'll need the keycode which you will find printed on the back of the manual. You'll also automatically get the patch. Once that's done, something called Soft Anchor will ask you for the code again. A lot of people have had trouble with this, but given that the demand has now died down, you should theoretically have no problems. There are other ways to do all this, but that's the way I did it and it was no problem.

As Mike7077 says you'll need the code on the back of your manual. Unfortunately the font they have choosen isn't very good and a lot of people have had difficulty especially if the code has lots of letter O's and number zeros letter i and number 1's. However there is a sollution. Put your code into this site http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ and it will tell you if you have the correct code and give you the correct one if the one you have put in is wrong.

Authenticating and patching is the only essential things that you need to do.

The biggest optional thing to do next, is to download all kinds of graphics. Like kits, logos, player pictures etc. There should be loads of tutorials on how to get that ball rolling on various sites. Unless you already know how, of course :)

Archived