TV View suggestion about the information boxes

I was just playing around with the TV-mode view. I think I like it that I can watch the match while looking at some statistics. What I don't like about this is that the information boxes block the view on the pitch. This makes the feature far less usable than it should have been.

My suggestions:

- Make the background of the boxes a little transparant, at least enough to see the play when play moves there.

- If in windowed mode, allow the boxes to be dragged out of the main window

- Make simple "minimize" icons. This way, I don't have to close the box and reselect it through the menu. This may seem very minor, but makes the boxes much more usable IMHO.

Oh, and I don't know anything about skinning, but is the first suggestion solvable by a new skin?

Swindon...one word - "deadline" - that's what it's like when you are offering up a new version of the game each year whether one is mertied or not. Not that I dislike fm09, far from it. I do however think that they are milking us now where they weren't as much before SEGA got involved.

It's like a family run business has just been bought out by a global corporation....

I suppose they could introduce another layer which allows desktop widgets to poll this data during the game (akin to the sidebar idea).

It's a cosmetic feature however. I'd rather they got the little bugs fixed first such as the incredibly annoying "multiple player on tactics screen when moving players about" bug.

This is about usability and not about eyecandy. Having facegen and the 3D men with the right colour hair is cosmetic. Without some way to have both the TV-view and some information boxes without obscuring too much of the pitch, the TV view loses much of its use as a viewing tool.

Archived