something i have wondered about for a long time.

Well my query is this:

If a player reaches who plays all season, has no injuries and also plays well a candidate for losing attributes. It's something i have noticed in a lot of FM manager games where the player will just inexplainably lose stats as if he has been injured for a few months, some not so important stats but some important stats. Below is a screen shot of an example i have. Your thoughts are welcome and apprecieted regarding this.

27StevenTaylor.png

As i say this is just an example and you normally only see this in players who dont play, or are over 32 years of age even if they are playing or not. There are many more cases of this i can assure you.

But before anyone says it must be my training i keep it on general but adjust the training bar to high so its not as if i have suddenly told them to practice set pieces only for example.

In general when a player loses stats and is not in his thirties or injured or without playing time, then it's the effect of the training. For example your striker could lose 5 points in tackling for gaining one in finishing. The reason is he is training as a striker, therefore his striking attributes will grow. And as they are weighted heavy in the CA count, there are other unneccessary attributes which will drop to make a rise in his important striker stats possible.

In simple words: If his CA doesn't change, the stat changes are just "retraining"

So basically if he was to get an extra point in free kick taking, as shown, then he loses dribbling, passing, marking, finishing, teamwork bravery and jumping? That doesn't make much sense to me, its' not close season btw still 2 games left. But it's almost as if i have instructed him to concentrate on set pieces and ignore all other training when infact i have not touched it for a while.

Archived