Can't play a online game with my mate

Duco

Hi there,

Me and a friend are trying to play Fm2009 online. I try to setup a game, and then tell him my IP address wich is standing in ''Game status''. He then tries to login using the ip adress which is either :

xx.0.0.x / xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

The first one is my ip address of my PC I believe, the second one? (or is it one address in total?)

He tries to connect using either one, but all he gets is an error message which says:

unable to connect to server

What are we doing wrong?

Also, I have opened some ports wich I found on the internet wich FM2009 uses. So that can't be it, right?

10094 10094 10094 TCP xx.0.0.x

10093 10093 10093 UDP xx.0.0.x

Please help us!

Thanks in advance,

Duco

ps. apologies if this is posted in the wrong section of the forum!

I just want to play it online with my friend, which is why we bought the game!

If his computer is outside the network (not connected to the same router or direct through a wire) he is to use the second ip. That one is the one that is used outside your own network. It is possible that you need not only open the ports but also forward the connections on them to your computer. This is done through the router.

It is different from router to router. If I were you I would check the routers manual on port forwarding. If you don't have a manual there is likely to be one online at the developers website. If you can't figure it out post your router brand and model and I will see if I can help.

• 8 months later...

Hi, I know this is now some months later but did you resolve this problem? Me and my brother have tried this over the internet but still can't set up a online game! we gave up but are now trying to set up another again but still occurring the same problems ie. 2 ip addresses XXX.XXX.X.XX/XX.XXX.XXX.XX We try the latter as I found out recently that that was the one to use but still no joy.

Can anyone advise.

Thanks

i had this problem ages ago, me and all my friends found the bets solution was to download a program called Hamatchi, set up a server on there, join that server, then FM would work by hosting the game through the Hamatchi server.

Archived