Bizaare Goal - Bug or?!

Just seen a great goal on the new 2D match engine (my laptop isn't really up to 3D). Robbie Stockdale for my ace Grimsby side just walloped in a 70 yard free kick from inside his own half from the touchline into the top corner (off the upright) of the net after the 'keeper bizarrely sprinted upto the referee. As he ran back Stockdale just booted it and won me the game 1-0 at Accrington Stanley! Is this a bizaare bug or was the 'keeper supposed to be arguing with the ref or something....

I'm starting to get into the new FM although I'm still playing the demo. Since CM97/98 I've bought the game on release day but this year a combination of worrying about the playability of the game and my laptop not being upto spec I've resisted. I'm still tempted but the activation issues and the disappointing matchday concerns me... So far my games have all been low-scoring and uneventful. Are my tactics not adventurous enough or....? I can put up with niggles but show-stoppers can put me off the game for months. I'm torn between getting the game and going back to FM08, which, patched up, gave me inifinite hours of enjoyment!

The keepers are completely dumb. I really appreciate it when my keeper sprints outs to pick up an overhit through ball and then just stops dead in his tracks 5 yards before the ball. I've seen him do it twice, he just stands there looking stupid and waits patiently for the striker to jog up and knock the ball into the empty net. It was muddy and he didn't understand why the ball stopped moving.

Archived