save game file to another computer

I wish to transfer my save game file to my laptop so i can continue to play at work etc. I have also transferred the database over to the laptop as its an edited version i am using, the laptop has also been patched.

However everytime i go to load the game i get an error that the database i am using cannot be found, and that its switching to original database. No worries. However vista closes the window for fm 2009 straight away. So the game doesnt continue to load. However when trying to reload fm it says its already running.

All i want to do is play my save game on another computer, ive done everything i should i just dont understand whats wrong. Anybody who can help?

Thanks

I wish to transfer my save game file to my laptop so i can continue to play at work etc. I have also transferred the database over to the laptop as its an edited version i am using, the laptop has also been patched.

However everytime i go to load the game i get an error that the database i am using cannot be found, and that its switching to original database. No worries. However vista closes the window for fm 2009 straight away. So the game doesnt continue to load. However when trying to reload fm it says its already running.

All i want to do is play my save game on another computer, ive done everything i should i just dont understand whats wrong. Anybody who can help?

Thanks

I do this also. The only way Ive been able to do so were this:

* Have a external harddrive - in my case a usb harddrive.

* When installing the game, change the default folder in the game and the editor to the usb drive on both pc's.

Hope this can help

• 3 weeks later...

hey, i managed to get it working after i read something on another thread. here's what i did:

I used to play fm on Windows XP and then i reinstalled windows.

The Sports Interactive Folder used to be in

c:\documents and settings\Dorf\my documents\sports interactive

now after reinstalation it was created on

c:\documents and settings\admin\my documents\sports interactive

so what i did was to create a folder on the same location as the initial was and from the in-game settings i selected that the one under 'Dorf' was going to be the main folder for the game to save files. So now i have copied the save game info to c:\documents and settings\Dorf\my documents\sports interactive instead of admin account. and you don't have to create another user or anything, just simply create a folder.

now it works again. so the thing is guys you have to create the database in the same location as it was when u created the game. then it should work!

Archived