Maybe A Stupid Question

Just wondering as i have installed FM09 on my laptop through steam, does that now mean that every time i wish to have a game on FM09 i need to be connected to the internet for 'steam' to work?

Also does anyone else agree how annoying it is buying a game and then spending ages downloading updates before you even think about starting the game, and then when you do start theres another error which closes the game? I know the error issues have partly been sorted be in my eyes i believe you buy the game and should realisticaly be able to play that games straight from the box for at least a couple of months until any patches are realised any one else agree?

I remember reading last year about maybe releasing a new FM every other year so SI have plenty of time to check, check and check again for these too often occuring errors? Then the years between maybe release a download with updated squads and players, because at the end of the day isnt that whet everyone wants really, rather than lots of new features which struggle to work? I know before it was mentioned SI wouldnt do that as they would loose out on income, well thats solved easily charge a minimum amount for the download - just an idea? Thoughts are welcome!

Archived