struggling

Took me ages to install the game once i got it working it crashed on my first game and now it won't load back up, it says Error - 'unable to find some essential data. Please ensure it is installed correctly'

I really couldn't imagine a game could be this hard to play!

any ideas?

Unfortunately to me that sounds like a critical error in the installation and may require a clea uninstall and re-installing the game (sorry)!

Someone else may be able to come up with a bit more technical help but I would certainly consider that. Sometimes when you have installed/uninstalled a few times debris from the game is still on the system and can cause conflicts.

• 8 months later...
Took me ages to install the game once i got it working it crashed on my first game and now it won't load back up, it says Error - 'unable to find some essential data. Please ensure it is installed correctly'

I really couldn't imagine a game could be this hard to play!

any ideas?

Got the same problem, have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that hasn't worked.

Anyone got a solution?

Might sound like an obvious question but are you certain that your computers meet the minimum specs for the game?

Might sound like an obvious question but are you certain that your computers meet the minimum specs for the game?

Quadcore PC with 8gb RAM, so yeah, I think so ;).

I'm also running Windows 7 RC, so that might be the problem, but I've not had a problem in the 4 months I've been playing so far.

Quadcore PC with 8gb RAM, so yeah, I think so ;).

I'm also running Windows 7 RC, so that might be the problem, but I've not had a problem in the 4 months I've been playing so far.

I dont think that fact that you are running Windows 7 RC matters. Lots of users are using this without issues. Do you have the latest versions of directx and java as this might be causing issues if you don't. What exactly is the error message your getting? If you cant get a fix here then ask in the bugs forum.

Just installed the latest versions of directx and java, and the problem is still happening.

The exact error is: "Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists, please contact technical support."

DVD version installed through Steam. Tried compatability mode and running as administrator. Neither worked :(.

Pretty sure you dont need steam running if you have the DVD or even if you've authenticated this way. Check the forum becuase I am sure there is threads on this. I have the DVD version as well and don't even have steam installed.

Archived