Another game another injury!!!!

Ok, so i've finished pre-season matches and im about 6 games into my first season with man utd.

as of yet, i haven't managed to play a match without having atleast 1 player injured every match!! most of the time its more like 2 or even 3 injuries!! it's so frustrating!

i have the latest patch and all that so i dont think its a bug.

anyone else had something similar to this?

I am managing Stevenage Borough in the League Two and I have had two injuries, my best winger and central midfielder are out 4-5 months with a torn calf muscle. But those have been my only injuries and I am 10 matches in.

I have 7 players injured. Most of them are for 2-3 weeks while two of them are serious. Then again I signed as many players as possible because I remember my last attempt at playing. Squad Depth > Injuries :)

Just had 5 injuries during 1 match (post patch) my training and tactics are no different to FM08. I can accept injury crisis's but if you play sat/wed/sat its impossible to play with a settled team...you end up using 2 or 3 of your subs every game to take off players with knocks....it seems when they drop below 80% they're too prone to picking up injuries.

I think the balance between injuries in training and matches is wrong

can't say i've had a major amount, although i do find that the scout report of 'weakness : player is susceptable to injuries' actually does make a difference unlike previous versions, Vukcevic has that problem and does get injured quite a lot

I've found that injuries haven't been too bad for me. Had a mini-crisis at the start of my first season with Man Utd. First game I didn't have an AMR (Ronaldo injured, Nani banned), so I had Raphael come in. Scored the only goal of the game, so I was pretty chuffed. Then the kid got injured in training just before the next game. I quickly got in a AMR/ST on loan from Bayern (not a bad kid, either). Then lost Rooney to injury, so I bought Owen. Should have seen him getting injured, but by then Nani was back, so Muller (Bayern guy) partenered Berbatov.

All part of the fun in my mind.

Looking at making Muller's loan a permanent move.

Just had 5 injuries during 1 match (post patch) my training and tactics are no different to FM08. I can accept injury crisis's but if you play sat/wed/sat its impossible to play with a settled team...you end up using 2 or 3 of your subs every game to take off players with knocks....it seems when they drop below 80% they're too prone to picking up injuries.

I think the balance between injuries in training and matches is wrong

2 more players with knocks who need subbing with 9 minutes of the next game......i dont understand what im doing wrong :-(

can't say i've had a major amount, although i do find that the scout report of 'weakness : player is susceptable to injuries' actually does make a difference unlike previous versions, Vukcevic has that problem and does get injured quite a lot
I've found that injuries haven't been too bad for me. Had a mini-crisis at the start of my first season with Man Utd. First game I didn't have an AMR (Ronaldo injured, Nani banned), so I had Raphael come in. Scored the only goal of the game, so I was pretty chuffed. Then the kid got injured in training just before the next game. I quickly got in a AMR/ST on loan from Bayern (not a bad kid, either). Then lost Rooney to injury, so I bought Owen. Should have seen him getting injured, but by then Nani was back, so Muller (Bayern guy) partenered Berbatov.

All part of the fun in my mind.

Looking at making Muller's loan a permanent move.

I'm in my 3rd season with Man City and haven't had hardly any injuries at all.

IMO its not the amount of injuries thats the problem...infact id go as far as to say that there's not enough...ive only ever got 1 or 2 out at any one time which in real life is pretty good, its usually more than that.....whats annoying is having to take off 2 or 3 players every game with knocks (the green cross, condition very low) and not being able to make any tactical changes...more often than not these players are back for the next game unless you leave them on the field (which sometimes happens purely because you've run out of subs)

Handy post for me this.

Just started a new season with Huddersfield, signed a few good players on top of an already quality squad.

Come to the last pre season game and i loose 3 players to injury, then its off to Cheltenham for the big opener and i'm very exited as we've played some bloody good football up to now.

Game ends 1-1 however i'm more bemused by the fact i lost another 4 players to injury!

This is unbelievable. I'm sory but SI you've screwed us with this effort.

Looking forward to next years, hopefuly you'll forget about the 3d match crap and concentrate on the aspects that have actualy made FM so good. LMA had a 3d engine and was rubbish combared to FM...nuff said.

Archived