I think multiple leagues is a good step forward, but not at the sacrifice of losing players from the primary league. This disappointment detracts from selecting more than one league. IMO a better option would have been being able to choose just 2 leagues with a more complete player database.

The 2D match engine is also another good step forward, but unfortunately there are still a few bugs to iron out. IMO I feel they could have delayed adding this feature for another year and worked on the little problems.

If you don't choose those options there has been no major change from 08. Instead of shoe-horning in these features they could have just made a few smaller improvements which were discussed on this forum (Recall loans, fixture changes, Steve Coppell always getting England job [Damn him!], manager points, etc...).

However, I think the best improvement this year is a retrospective one. Being able to hold down the X button again (My right thumb thanks you!). I'm easily pleased :p

This may sound daft but my fav feature is the ability to disable the anologue. My stick as the habit of wanting to move up without me touching the psp, a fault many psp's come across in their later life. With FMH the only PSP game i play its save me buying a replacement analogue stick, so thank SI!!!

• SI Staff
I think multiple leagues is a good step forward, but not at the sacrifice of losing players from the primary league. This disappointment detracts from selecting more than one league. IMO a better option would have been being able to choose just 2 leagues with a more complete player database.

Its always going to be a trade off - however its one we hope to make less painless as we move forward and (hopefully) continue to shoehorn more players into the FMH database (meaing a better and larger distribution for multiple leagues).

The 2D match engine is also another good step forward, but unfortunately there are still a few bugs to iron out. IMO I feel they could have delayed adding this feature for another year and worked on the little problems.

To be honest I agree its not perfect this season (for which I apologise, all I can say is that we do our best and I'm personally think Glenn should be very proud of what he's achieved so far)- however getting it 'public' is important in that it gets us feedback from people on the style of clips and also gives it a humungeous amount of testing above and beyond what we can manage to give it in house. This feedback from everyone helps us evolve and improve the game going forward.

If you don't choose those options there has been no major change from 08. Instead of shoe-horning in these features they could have just made a few smaller improvements which were discussed on this forum (Recall loans, fixture changes, Steve Coppell always getting England job [Damn him!], manager points, etc...).

We've done a number of small changes in FM09 and will continue this vein with future versions - generally we take a lot of the small items which people mention on the forums and where possible wrap them into a release, some we miss out due to time constraints (or rarely missing the posts involved in suggesting them).

Sorry if it read like I was ranting, but just wanted to throw in my two pennies worth. I know adding the main features now will make the game even better for future releases.

It's good to know that the fans of the game are listened to and can point out errors or suggest ideas to make it more enjoyable.

Thanks,

St.Dazzle

(PS. If something could be done about Steve 'England' Coppell in FMH10... ;))

If you don't choose those options there has been no major change from 08

Bear in mind we've not really listed all the minor improvements to the game this year - you've listed one of them but if I was to list every small issue* that has been fixed for this year, I'd probably break the forum software for the length of the post ;)

(*a good example would be clicking on a column to sort, and the cursor no longer jumping to the next column... making it quick and easy to sort by ascending and then descending order)

Archived