Contracts

Can I ask some questions around contracts in FM09

What is the defining factor in what makes a player go to team x over team y? Is it a simple case of maths where x offers more than y so thats where he goes or does he take into account club and league reputation, ability to play in Europe etc?

I ask because I recently lost out on Steven Fletcher from Hibs as he would rather go to Boro than Rangers. I could have offered him European games and I offered him a fair wack of money but instead he went down to the EPL. Now, in real life there's a high chance that would happen however it seems less clearly defined in FM09?

Also, the infamous "thought the offer was too good to refuse" message from the board. What triggers this? is it a case of any offer which is 150-200% more than his worth or what? I just lost my star striker and I wasn't in any form of financial difficulty so I do not believe that was a factor.

Anyone else been frustrated by the board accepting bids?

^^ Yes! I have a wealthy club and im accepting offers that are to good to refuse!

So now, I have downloaded the editor, and when the board accept an offer, I change his value to 50,000,000 - So that when it comes time to accept it's no longer to good to refuse and I can deny it... HAHA!

Sick of loosing young Talent, for absolutely no money! When if he stayed for 5 years I could sell him for 5x - or heck, I dunno, Maybe even keep him seeing that he is a fantastically talented player 'n all..

/rant

^^ Yes! I have a wealthy club and im accepting offers that are to good to refuse!

So now, I have downloaded the editor, and when the board accept an offer, I change his value to 50,000,000 - So that when it comes time to accept it's no longer to good to refuse and I can deny it... HAHA!

Sick of loosing young Talent, for absolutely no money! When if he stayed for 5 years I could sell him for 5x - or heck, I dunno, Maybe even keep him seeing that he is a fantastically talented player 'n all..

/rant

What editor did you download ? there is none out to be downloaded. So I have no idea what you are on about

http://www.fmscout.com/q-896-Ingame-real-time-data-editor-beta.html

Downloaded this editor, Its basic and a Beta so many of its functions are limited atm, You can edit player and some club details atm... So not helpful if you want to all out edit everything... However if your like me and want to stop loosing your young talents to an over zelous - money hungry board that are not happy with the fact you've taken their finances form 1-2m to 10-12m and insist on selling the future of the club... Then this will help..

You also need to DL a Microsoft.net service pack or summit (which I had installed anyway..) - There is a link in the same topic just down a bit... :D

Archived