Now this is what I call an apology

From http://www.ageod.com/forums regarding problems with WW1 PC game:

Some of you are experiencing various problems (freezes, CTDs, bugs, unclear rules, and/or a lack of adequate documentation). I am deeply sorry for these problems. However, I am absolutely certain that these problems will all be completely resolved to your ultimate satisfaction. Please accept my personal apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment. ...

We appreciate everyones’ understanding, patience, and loyal patronage. We have been as open and transparent as possible about this situation. However, we would never seek to impose on or exploit our customers’ good will. Therefore, we fully understand and accept that some of you might prefer not to wait until all remaining issues with WWI are addressed. So for those who are not satisfied with WWI as it now stands and prefer not to wait for patches, we are ready to reimburse your purchase price.

Yeah, I don't really see the point in this thread let alone the point of a SI apology. The SI staff have been ever present providing explanations and advice for customers, the customer service has been excellent and far more useful than an apology.

I don't get all this about reimbursing. Everyone has had the chance to play the demo to check out whether the game would run fine, with no guarantees or promises from SI that the full game would be any better. They've even gone out of their way to release a patch from day 1 with solutions for the biggest issues. If you weren't satisfied with the demo but still bought the game, why should you have the right to make any claim to get your money back?

What I find hilarious is people who ask for their money back on an internet forum and don't ring customer services. If the hoover I bought from Tesco breaks down, would I go on a Tesco forum and complain or phone them? :rolleyes: AFAIC it's just people wanting to see their name at the top of a thread.

Archived