default tactics

are these tactics provided by SI any good ?

anyone using them ?

They're quite good. Don't listen to the likes of wwfan and millie - they just want to create their own tactics or else they'd be out of a job.

It's interesting to see the differences between a default tactic in defensive, standard, and attacking version. You can really learn alot about how a tactic should be changed according to how you want to play.

I use all the default tactics, the only change I make is I use my own settings for set-pieces since I like my players to spread out more.

You'll still get the assistant complaining about gaps between the lines when you use default tactics, but in my games this doesn't seem to matter. I am still fluent in attack and extremely well organized at the back.

I find them even worse than the one's I create myself. I'll wager a pound to a penneth of poo that Jimmy is managing a top side.

Whilst Jimmy is VERY wrong about wwfan and Millie, he IS right about the Default tactics i'm afraid.

All you need to do to get them to work, is change the mentality to global, as, as they are you get the problem with the gaps between def/mid/att.

Managing Liverpool, Napoli, MK Dons, and Solihull Moors. With all of them I exceed expectations.

Of course it helps to let the team gel by sticking with the same formation. Only change between the defensive, standard, and attacking version.

Not sure about Solihull, but the rest are all top four in their respective divisions I believe.

All you need to do to get them to work, is change the mentality to global, as, as they are you get the problem with the gaps between def/mid/att.

That's a reasonable thing to say if you think the gap really matters. I tried this myself, but still had better results when I left the default tactics as they were.

Look at the default 4-4-2 defensive for example: this one is set up so that the two strikers are on a high mentality to provide an outlet for the rest of the team, who are on a very defensive mentality and working hard to get the ball. This is why the passing for the two central defenders are set to ‘long’ so that when the team defend deep and manage to win the ball, they can hoof it high up the pitch to the two strikers who are keeping the opposition stretched. If you change the mentality to global for this tactic, then the two strikers join the rest of the team on a mentality of 4, thus they defend much closer to your own goal and would not be high up on the pitch to provide an outlet. The central defenders would then look for the long ball but find that the strikers are too closely positioned to make this effective.

The default tactics have a lot of logic that are completely lost in some of the custom tactics I see provided on this forum.

Archived