Attacking Midfielders Heavy

Help!

I'm about 1/2 way through my NUFC season, am doing very well but I seem to have got greedy with my attacking midfielders.

I currently have the following team...

GK Given

FB Belletti

FB Enrique

CB Coloccini

CB Taylor

RW Jonas

LW Vukcevic

DM Barton

AM VD Vaart

CF Martins

CF Arshavin

Good team on paper but I have Vukcevic and Arshavin both playing out of position at the moment. Arshavin was great as an AMC but I bought VD Vaart and want to accommodate him.

Are there any good tactics to accommodate 3 AMCs and 1 CF?

Yeah, if you play them as a narrow 3 behind the striker with 2 DMC who are there only to protect the back 4. Have them all on high creativity with the FC as a target man, probably have them as play makers aswell. Freeroles and swapping positions could also work, just experiment, good players like that will work, just dont neglect width, its very important.

width is the main issue as I want to play with 2 wingers but am finding it hard to accommodate everyone! I might actually be being a little fussy - I have always played players slightly out of position and it has worked fine. However, with FM2009 I have noticed that players' ratings are terrible compared to previous versions so am just making sure it's not me that is causing the problem.

Ideally I want to continue playing 4-4-2 Diamond but with wingers instead of CMs - it's the only formation that seems to work for me at the moment!

Cheers Avatar. I'm going to have a look tonight at putting Arshavin and Vukcevic as AMR and L resepctively with Vaart in the middle. Just means I'll have to relegate Jonas to the bench or have Vuk as CM with Jonas on the left. Does a striker alone work well - say Martins? Do I have to set him to be a target man or just let him do his thing?

I finally got it all sorted last night and found a tactic that works....finally!

After a mid-season blip I even went on to win the league.

The system I have now is...including the summer transfer spree after the takeover...

GK Given

RB Onouha

LB Enrique

CB Henrique

CB Taylor

DM/CM Veloso

DM/CM Banega

AML Vukcevic/Vicente

AMC VD Vaart/Fleck

AMR Jonas

SK Martins/Jo

In the summer I got offers for all of my AM's and most of them were unhappy I rejected them! In the end I gave in and sold Arshavin for £30m to Real and Coloccini for £20m to AC Milan. For some reason Jo from Man City, worth £18m was on the transfer list at a whopping £0.00 (glitch me thinks) and Vicente from Valencia for a whole £200k.

I guess the system I play now is a 4-2-3-1 formation. Seems to work pretty well most the time with the AML/R players scoring quite a few between them. Martins seems to have hot and cold patches where he scores nothing for 10 games, but then 20 in 10.

Archived