still losing money

i am qub in northern irish second division and i am under my overall wage budget and still got around 1000 in transfer budget, but i keep losing money, so i checked on thefinances screen and it says i am spending around 550 each matchday in expenses, is there any way to reduce this?

• SI Staff

Most teams in real life lose money, be it a big club or a small club, and have to rely on the owners injecting cash into the club to keep things going. And that is despite setting low budgets while trying to maintain a competitive level of wages etc. As a manager there is not a lot you can do for the finances, outside of controlling the wage costs of players and staff (plus bonuses of course). Naturally success on the pitch can help the club grow its reputation to get better sponsorship and increased income via new supporters etc. not to mention prize/tv money.

I have managed clubs in the northern irish lower division before bertilak (and I'm managing Brentwood currently) and I always found that it was almost impossible to stop losing money so the only way to keep the books balanced was to delevop young players and sell them when they became wanted property, obviously keeping your budgets under control is also critical. Make sure you don't keep players on long term contracts and release anybody that is not getting a regular game at the end of each season as most youth players can do almost as good a job if required and are usually on less money. It's not a very exciting managerial role but it is challenging hence the reason I took the position. :)

• SI Staff
I have managed clubs in the northern irish lower division before bertilak (and I'm managing Brentwood currently) and I always found that it was almost impossible to stop losing money so the only way to keep the books balanced was to delevop young players and sell them when they became wanted property

Which is exactly why a lot of the smaller clubs in real life call themselves "selling clubs" as they have to rely on developing players to sell to bigger clubs in order to survive financially.

Archived