stadiums

i'm barnsley and my ground has been extended to 32000

when i ask for an expansion the board say the council will never allow planning permission

but in reality oakwell is very expandable and has been built with expansion in mind

is this programmed into the game that barnsley will never have oakwell bigger than 32k or is it just random?

and how likely is a new stadium if i can get oakwell full every week for a few years

I think that the council blocking expansions appears somewhere in the editor. But it's not random, at least that's what I think. Certain clubs seem to have expanding forbidden, so after some seasons will build a new stadium and sell the old one.

It's all extendable except the grove street stand because of the school and performing arts centre. 32000 is more than reasonable enough for Barnsley.

barnsley got planning permission for a 9000 seat stand to replace the west stand

the ponty was built so that it was easily extendable

and with the room behind the north and east i see no reason why barnsley couldn't have 40000+ stadium

especially when i am filling my ground every week and trying to challenge for a top 6 place

its a little disheartening knowing that it will be ten years or so before i can rely on the added income of a bigger ground

that is, of course, if i can eventually get a new ground and if i can keep up with the other teams at the top of the premier league

Maybe the game is working out that you have reached the capacity, but the game is selecting a slightly misleading response to your request. The message to you should more correctly be something like:

"The board do not feel that the stadium needs further expansion at this time"

• SI Staff
Maybe the game is working out that you have reached the capacity, but the game is selecting a slightly misleading response to your request. The message to you should more correctly be something like:

"The board do not feel that the stadium needs further expansion at this time"

Actually, if the board request for an expansion is met with the reply about the council never allowing a planning permission due to lack of space, it means exactly what I posted above about the expansion capacity being all used up already.

As for the new stadium, if you can keep the current stadium packed and sold out for a few years, then as long as the club is doing well financially the board should look into a new stadium down the line.

my average attendance has been 30000 or so for the last two seasons and has gone up to 31000 this season

this includes cup games and attendances aren't as good for these

the problem is that my wage bill is rising each year as i have a young squad that wants higher wages each season (wage bill about 500k a week now) and i'm struggling to run the club at a profit

so i'm relying on my prize money for league position at the end of the season to save up for my new ground

any idea how much it would cost? or would a loan to be taken out?

• SI Staff

In most cases, the board will have to take out a loan to cover some of the building costs for a new stadium. Depending on what club and what kind of stadium is being built, it is possible for the board to get additional funding through grants, sponsorships or sale of the old stadium. And naturally if the club has spare cash available, that will help as well.

after a few seasons do you get the option of requesting a new stadium or does the board just decide to build one.

My prob is that im about to get promoted to the prmiership on my 4th season with peterbrough and I still hav a stadium with a seating capacity of 9000 and total capacity of 15000.

The stadium cannot be expanded. I have a balance of 20 million and no debt.

So when i am gonna get a new stadium?

Having the same at the moment. Finished top 3 in the Prem for 3 years running now with Nottingham Forest - Capacity of 30602 hasn't changed in 9 years now, and we were packing it out in the Championship!

£70m in the bank, no debt, regular Champions League but still no hint of a new ground

i'm finding it hard to keep the club in the top 6 now because i keep having to sell players to keep my money good. 8 seasons of having a full stadium and no word of a new stadium. Wish i could at least ask the board to look into it.

Might go to york. There ground CAN get big

Archived