I have toop of the range laptop and the FM 09 just hangs

I have a major problem when I come to start a match the game just hangs and doesn't seem to get any further than that.

The specs for my laptop are as follows

Intel Dual core 2 running at 2GHz

3 Gig of ram

250 Gig hard drive

Nividia 9300 onboard graphics with 256 MB of dedicated memory.

Windows Vista Home Premium

Can someone please help me as this is so annoying and if this continues I won't be buying this game again. This is unbelieveable that this game was released in this state and with the fiasco with the activation. I even installed the patch and this still hasn't helped.

I have a major problem when I come to start a match the game just hangs and doesn't seem to get any further than that.

The specs for my laptop are as follows

Intel Dual core 2 running at 2GHz

3 Gig of ram

250 Gig hard drive

Nividia 9300 onboard graphics with 256 MB of dedicated memory.

Windows Vista Home Premium

Can someone please help me as this is so annoying and if this continues I won't be buying this game again. This is unbelieveable that this game was released in this state and with the fiasco with the activation. I even installed the patch and this still hasn't helped.

i'm not an expert but that graphics card doesn't look the best, also make sure you're drivers are all current!

Hi guys,

Same problem also.

Great system , Lenovo T61 laptop, no problem for the game to run ( graphic also ) properly.

It worked once, but every time I try to run a game or see details about other games it hangs.

Cheers!

Most laptops have poor graphics cards and its touch and go whether any game will run on them.

Not sure what type of graphics card is in the Lenovo, but the Nvidia 9300 isnt very good. It wont have dedicated memory because its integrated and the product code of 9300 tells us its their low end mobile chip. Dont be fooled by the fact that it says its a 9 series, the relevant number is the 3 that comes after.

That said - you should definitely update the graphics drivers as they will probably be out of date. You should also install the dx sdk that you'll find a link to in one of (I think) Mark Duffy's troubleshooting posts that are stickied at the top.

Good luck, and dont blame SI - its your lappie thats got the problem :)

@d0nut

If the graphic card can't support the game, u can also play it in 2D, classic way. The 3D option will not work, and u will switch to classic version.

The main issue, is that when you submit to game the computer instantly craches. Frozen.

Just fyi Lenovo has a pretty good graphic card is nVidia Quadro NVS320, not especially for gaming, but it can work no problem when playing FM.

I know that it's our lappie as u say that have the problem, but it's a set up from SI when creating the game, that make the game not to run on different system or set-up's of those systems.

Thanks!

Cheers! :)

Hi,

I succeded, at least for my lappie.

Funny thing though! :)

It works when you play it in windowed mode and without threading.

But, when you click new game and select the wanted league, you have to run it in normal, full screen way. In windowed it will freeze again.

Then after loading the game and actually started, you have to return to windowed mode again, in order to play it.

Cheers!

Enjoy playing!:thup:

Archived