Transfer Bug

I have just finished my first season with St Johnstone and won the 1st division, in January I offered a load of players contracts and after they had accepted I relaised some would require a fee to be paid because the player was young, one of them, FAbian Brandy from Man Utd the fee was to be 1 million, I just assumed the deal would fall through when it came to it at the end of the seasonbut no, I got him for free! Also several others who had fees of 100,000 or around that and they all signed for free, my budget was 0 by the way.

Don't know if its a bug as such but its definitely something that can be exploited.

So that means that as long as you can afford the players wages which they request then they sign for you? Pretty strange...

A little different from my original point but probably even more alarming.

My point is definitely an issue because it means you can basically get players you should be paying for even when you have a zero £ transfer budget, the deals should fall through because you cant afford the fee but they don't.

Had to start my game with Kidderminster againb

Yep, on Jan 1st

Search for players Out Of Contract who dont want to join, i have £10,000 transfer balance

have Bid on

Fred

Michael Owen

Hernan Crespo

Per Koldrup

Darren Fletcher

bastian Schweinsteiger

Carlos Kameni

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

plus lots of good up and coming players

Says because the board think this is a VITAL PLAYER you can offer 50k etc a week. Always goes up to that.

Always select the BIG CLUB RELEASE CLAUSE they have in contract

Mad bug lol

• SI Staff

There does appear to be a bug in FMH09 where you can sign players via. free transfers who you shouldn't be able to.

This does come at a price however as if you abuse it your club will lose money and fall apart fairly quickly with all the fun that entails.

I apologise for this having slipped through our QA process and can only ask you decide yourself whether to effectively 'cheat' and abuse this flaw or to decide upon house rules to avoid exploiting it (I'd suggest only signing those players who show up as 'interested' in your club in the search if you want a 'fair' approach).

has anyone noticed the transfer budget problem, just cause my board said i had 241million and it also says this when you go into player search down the left hand side. but when you click on a player to buy it says you can only have 100 million.

has anyone noticed the transfer budget problem, just cause my board said i had 241million and it also says this when you go into player search down the left hand side. but when you click on a player to buy it says you can only have 100 million.

This isn't a bug as such - in last years game there was a 'cap' on transfer fees of £60 million - I bumped this to £100 million because of the Man City situation. To be honest, there shouldn't ever be a situation where you would be spending over £100 million on one player ... and as such I think it is entirely realistic that a board would limit the fees in this manner.

This isn't a bug as such - in last years game there was a 'cap' on transfer fees of £60 million - I bumped this to £100 million because of the Man City situation. To be honest, there shouldn't ever be a situation where you would be spending over £100 million on one player ... and as such I think it is entirely realistic that a board would limit the fees in this manner.

thanks glenn for clearing that one up

Archived