Slow into tactics during match...

Kan

Before I say anything, can I say that I'm actually enjoying the game, getting used to the new tactics setting up and stuff, but it's all good so far.

However (and there would be one!) when I'm in a game, if I want to make a substitution or change my tactics, I click on the Tactics button....and then have to wait while it comes up with a message box saying 'Match Screen Setting up Match'

Don't understand why it takes sooooo long - I'm not playing with the 3D view either (I'm old school and prefer to play with just the commentary!) I have a Core 2 Duo Quad Core Q6700 with a massive 4gig of ram (32bit Vista).

Any chance of a speed up fix in the next patch?

Before I say anything, can I say that I'm actually enjoying the game, getting used to the new tactics setting up and stuff, but it's all good so far.

However (and there would be one!) when I'm in a game, if I want to make a substitution or change my tactics, I click on the Tactics button....and then have to wait while it comes up with a message box saying 'Match Screen Setting up Match'

Don't understand why it takes sooooo long - I'm not playing with the 3D view either (I'm old school and prefer to play with just the commentary!) I have a Core 2 Duo Quad Core Q6700 with a massive 4gig of ram (32bit Vista).

Any chance of a speed up fix in the next patch?

Hey am gettin a quadcore aswell cos am using pentium 4, is yr game very fast? i cant belive it still take so long to load 4 u, i guess it jus he actual game and not yr proccessor, man fm creators has really messd up dis year

I'm having the same problem. I presume this is another "tweek" to improve the 3D match engine that many didnt want and wont use. Along with the lack of kits on the match screen and the removal of the highlights speed slider, this has helped FM descend from being easily the best 2D/Commentary based management sim to being a below average 3D sim.

I find that when playing a match, even in commentary only, it takes takes so long for the tactics screen to appear that I am now only making changes in extreme circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm geuninely questioning why I don't go back to '08. I never use the 3D and after a season or two its all the same innit? I now don't make substitutions and I only in October.

How do you go about getting the moderators to sort it out?

!OI MODERATORS SORT IT OUT!

"You flaming drongos"

I have the same problem. My PC far exceeds the miniumun requirements, I have no other programs running in the background, I have turned off all the 3-d, 2-d match engines (I'm an old-school CM/FM player who enjoys the classic commentary of matches), I do not play with maximum databases - in short, I try to keep the game plain and simple.

All prior FM games have run smoothly. But this version of FM09 is just plain SLOW. It is really annoying. The problem with slowness when going into the "tactics" during games is very frustrating. The computer keeps on loading for a duration of 30-sec to several of minutes. This is totally unacceptable, and takes away a great deal of fun. I tried to ignore this fact early on, but this is something that I simply can't let pass. I have tried fiddling with the game settings, turning off any excess "weight" so to speak, but still, no effect. The gruesome slowness is still there...

The only thing we can hope for is a patch that will eventually fix this problem. What else can we do really?

I am currently putting the game on hold. There is no point in paying the game when it gets on your nerves.

Glad to hear others having the same issue...you know what I mean!

The time when it's most annoying is when your one nil up, there's ten minutes left and the opposition get an equaliser - you then want to get into the tactics to go all out or just do something urgently to try and get a winner....and you have to wait for the screen to set up! Just give me my tactics!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived