Give us a clue...

First of all I've got to say what a shambolic attempt at a game launch this has been by SI. Whoever made the decision to set up "Authentification" with this method deserves to be handed their P45. I (like many others) took Friday off in order to play the game as soon as it was released, to help feed their "addiction". But with all the crap that happened on Friday, I never managed to get the game started until just before midnight. Which was no good for me as I had an early start Saturday and as such had to go to bed.

I've now gone to start the game up again, hoping to spend an afternoon lazing on my sofa playing the game and watching the football, and it seems I have to go through all the authentification crap again. Which means I have to be online. Something that is no good for me as I will be mainly playing the game at work whilst on shift, where I do not have internet access with my laptop.

I have gone through what it says in your FAQ about uninstalling the certificate and rebooting and installing the game, and still it says I need to go online to authenticate the game.

I purchased the game in it's boxed version and installed it via Steam (as I guessed that would be the easiest way to do it) and now when I click on the Steam icon it says I cannot even get the game launched to the Authenticate stage without being online.

There is nothing on the box that states that Internet access is required to get the game started, and also this "Local rate" number to call to get it started is all well and good if you have a landline - but I don't have one and as such would have to use my mobile which would cost considerably more. So not only did I have to spend nearly £30 on buying the game, I have to spend more money to get it authenticated, and now it seems that I will only be able to use it when I am online.

And if I may quote the game booklet ref: Installation

"This should read Insert the Football Manager 2009 disc into your DVD drive and wait for the autoplay program to begin. From here, follow the simple on-screen steps to install the game"

Simple my arse.

You can play the game after the activation without being connected to the internet. When you activate through steam make a shortcut of the game exe. You find it in the directory steam/steamapps.

Well I decided to uninstall both the game and Steam so that I could attempt to start again, in the hope that it may get this bollox sorted. However I now can't even get the disc to Autoplay to set the game up. Even when I go to My Computer and select Autorun Disc

Ok - so I've managed to get it loaded up and Authenticated finally using Uniloc. So I have 3 questions -

1. Will I need to go through the Authentification Process everytime I start the game? (Like I did with Steam)

2. Do I need to be online to use it?

3. Do I need to download a patch?

Ok - so I've managed to get it loaded up and Authenticated finally using Uniloc. So I have 3 questions -

1. Will I need to go through the Authentification Process everytime I start the game? (Like I did with Steam)

2. Do I need to be online to use it?

3. Do I need to download a patch?

dont waste your bandwith d/l the patch its as bad with it as it is without...

felaini just got injured within 4 seconds of his 1st game, i subbed him to see 2 of him :rolleyes:..

SI more interested in our money rather than sorting out there biggest flop to date

Archived