Pathetic

In my first season, I took charge of Aston Villa. I wanted to take Leeds initially but had a change of heart. The expectations of the board was to achieve respectable league position & cup success.

It all went well as I finished 3rd, falling short of the 2nd place due to goal difference to Man United. Besides that, I got knocked out of the League Cup & FA Cup but I won the UEFA cup.

The thing that really bugged me was my pathetic scoring rate. In 60 matches, I only managed to score 84 goals. This was the first time that I've scored less than 100 goals in the season. This was mostly due to grinding 1-0 wins.

Another thing that bugged me was that my record signing turned out to be a massive flop. His stats...

Player------Fee----Played----Goals----Assists----YC----RC----Ave. Rating

A. Riera----9M-----40--------3--------7---------0------0-----6.47

Maybe it's just that it's due to my tactics that my team isn't firing on all cylinders in the final 3rd. Does anyone have this problem of grinding out 1-0 wins for majority of the fixture?

• SI Staff

Rawking2008 I'm sorry that things haven't come together instantly for you - however I'm confident that your lack of goals isn't a 'bug' in the game and that you'll achieve better results going forward with a little tactical tweaking and maybe a judicious signing or two.

PS. With regards to your signing it could be worse, I made the mistake of signing Robbie Fowler for Brighton in one of my first FM PC games - he spent the next 3 months injured for me :(

Yep, same here, i'm using the 4-4-2 with Arsenal.

Attacking mentality, short passing, pressing set to yes.

I've also played about with the individual instuctions as well, i've got a good formula now.

Also B10, have you noticed how solid our back four are?

Makes a nice change :D

yea more reliable now!! ;)

Rawking2008 I'm sorry that things haven't come together instantly for you - however I'm confident that your lack of goals isn't a 'bug' in the game and that you'll achieve better results going forward with a little tactical tweaking and maybe a judicious signing or two.

I don't think it's a bug though. But somehow it makes me irritated when my team doesn't seem to score. There was this one game when my team had around 20 shots attempt but the match ended goalless. Maybe it needs a tactical adjustment. Anyone got any suggestions?

PS. With regards to your signing it could be worse, I made the mistake of signing Robbie Fowler for Brighton in one of my first FM PC games - he spent the next 3 months injured for me :(

WOW.. & I thought that it could not get any worse.

Archived