Only 502mb of RAM

My computer has been running very slow recently and installing FM09 seemed to tip it over the edge. Im not 100% sure how to check my system information, but what i do no is that i have just 502 mb of RAM. Im guessing this isnt a great deal of RAM, and i was wondering if this is the main reason why both my computer and the game have been running slowly recently?

Nope, my laptop is only 512 MB and I got FM 09 to run. Can't help you out with your problem but i'm confident that it isn't your RAM. Most people will find that it is their graphics card that is letting them down

Im afraid to say i have no idea what a graphics card is, no matter how i check which one i have. Could someone please inform me on to how to check this? Thanks

My computer has been running very slow recently and installing FM09 seemed to tip it over the edge. Im not 100% sure how to check my system information, but what i do no is that i have just 502 mb of RAM. Im guessing this isnt a great deal of RAM, and i was wondering if this is the main reason why both my computer and the game have been running slowly recently?

Yes mate, i think the minimum memory spec for FM09 is 512MB also sounds like you have an onboard Graphics card and is also sharing some of this memory.

If i was you mate id upgrade get a little more memory maybe put another 512MB in your system.

It's not alot these days for extra memory.

You will never get a smooth game untill you do :thup:

It does say that you need at least 1gb of ram to run it with Vista and only 512mb for XP, it could be your processor or what i found helpfull with previous version of Football Manager is to defregment harddrive to help speed it up alittle, not much but u can notice!

Yes mate, i think the minimum memory spec for FM09 is 512MB also sounds like you have an onboard Graphics card and is also sharing some of this memory.

If i was you mate id upgrade get a little more memory maybe put another 512MB in your system.

It's not alot these days for extra memory.

You will never get a smooth game untill you do :thup:

Thanks, where would be the best place to get this extra RAM?

Archived