Do I Have to be Online to Play It?

I bought it yesterday from a shop, installed it ,eventually, and registered it online and all that crap, had a look at it, then I logged off and logged back on a couple of hours later offline but was told I couldn't play it. There was an option to startup offline but when I clicked it it told me I must be online.

All this conversation about the online thing and activation reminds me when Half Life 2 came out with steam,so many people were frustrated at that time because they didn't had an internet connection,but you only need it to activate and install the game,no need to be online for playing,it's that simple...

stop creating new threads for subjects that already have 57 other threads.

and yes - install steam if you want - but u dont need it.

you dont have to be online - but if you are LUCKY enough to be ALLOWED to use phone auth.

then have fun.

sadly its so fail that we can't even select phone authentication. after 3 days I can't tell you how rubbish this is. how can I not have the choice to use phone authentication. ONLINE_DOES_NOT_WORK. PERIOD.

and more importantly, I CANT GET SUPPORT, CAUSE MY SEGA PASS WAS DELETED.

(and you cant create a new one because their mail server is on the FRITZ! - FANTASTIC)

its just pointless, gonna take game back and cancel FMLive sub at this rate. theres just no way they can handle this many people. and after 3 days with still no improvement it just puts SEGA's reputation in my mind even lower than it already is.

and its not even that. the SEGA website is a half-hearted abomination with a pre-made support script. there is absolutely nothing custom about it - how much more money will they save/cut back?

no offence, and this applies nothing to SI, but SEGA. but SEGA now come across a bunch of cheapskates, who cant even keep 4 servers running during an FMLive beta, without 2 of them self-formatting --- and clearly they couldnt even be bothered to invest in a stable site --- they just make a white website in 5 minutes and think thats acceptable.

if there is a SINGLE mess up with FMLive that effects me connecting at ZERO-HOUR, when the server starts, I will not ever be buying anything from SEGA again, i will cancel my sub, and take FM2009 back.

you have failed TWICE while i have been here, (3 months no FMLive account for some technical reason) - (3 days no authentication because you added some STUPID useless authentication software)

if it takes 3 days to log onto shearer, im having my money back. simple as that. everybody knows if you arent on the server on day 1 you have no chance anyway.

Archived