'Product Key' needed for Demo?!?

I downloaded the demo a couple of weeks ago and, like many others, I was unable to play the game despite having a relatively top-line PC. All my specs check out, and I understand that the reason I couldn't play (Fm.exe has encountered a problem etc etc) was due to the pixel shader bug.

Now, I downloaded the patch, reinstalled the demo (strawberry), and got to the 'product activation' screen, where I was informed that my trial had expired! It looks like I need to enter a product key, which I obviously don't have. Is this correct? Where would I find such a key? Do I need to download the demo AGAIN and reinstall AGAIN?!

Please let me know how, if at all possible, to overcome this problem. Been waiting a long time to try this game out, and the way things are going, my PC could end up out the window...

If you have decent computer from the last couple of years it should run fine on your PC now it is patched.

That was my thinking but it didn't work out that way initially. Redownloading the demo now; maybe it saw that it was an older file.

An earlier poster said that the patch would only work with the full game. Is that true?

We have said that we will be releasing a "comptability" patch for the demo next week, so that you can see if it works.

Ok great, thanks Miles. Apologies if that was already announced in another thread; way too much for me to trawl through!

p.s. keep up the good work - been a fan of the series forever. Can't wait to see how this game is!

Archived