ASDA Returns

Well i've been trying to get this thing to work for several hours now, and all SI seem to come up with is "be patient we're working on it"!! Fck being patient when i've just spent £30 on a game that doesn't work! The least I expect is a realistic timescale of when it is likely to be fixed so I know whether to bother continuously re-trying the activation and trawling these forums waiting for a solution!

Anyway, rant over, i'm now seriously considering getting a refund, does anyone know if asda refund pc games?

:mad::thdn::mad::thdn:

Could you not add this to the other 200 rants on the front page? It's a computer game. Come back tomorrow. Your life will not end if you can't play today.

You'll get your moneys worth out of the game. There's 365 days until 2010 will be released. Can you honestly say you will play every single day? Think of this as one of the days you won't.

There's a lot of people around the country, today, that are going to end up with heart problems and poor circulation in later life.

The country needs a chill pill.

Take your game back. I'm sure the loss of Mr One-post-when-something's-broke will hurt SI big time.

I am so glad ASDA sell FM £5 cheaper on their website than they do in store. I'd already seen it at £24.91 online so phoned them up today to ask what the instore price was, I was tempted to go down there and buy it today rather than wait for a delivery. £29.79 was the reply, so I decided I'd give that a miss. What a cracking decision that was, I'd have paid an extra £5 for the privilege of not being able to play a game on release day anyway.

I wonder if SI and Sega are considering the fact that some people will have paid slightly more so they could play it now, rather than waiting for a delivery to arrive. I feel sorry for those people as they have no doubt paid extra for nothing.

Could you not add this to the other 200 rants on the front page? It's a computer game. Come back tomorrow. Your life will not end if you can't play today.

You'll get your moneys worth out of the game. There's 365 days until 2010 will be released. Can you honestly say you will play every single day? Think of this as one of the days you won't.

There's a lot of people around the country, today, that are going to end up with heart problems and poor circulation in later life.

The country needs a chill pill.

Take your game back. I'm sure the loss of Mr One-post-when-something's-broke will hurt SI big time.

Thanks, very helpful!

I'm not saying I won't get my moneys worth, but I paid more than normal for the game so I could play it today! I might as well take it back and get it when all the bugs are fixed at half the price

And i'm sure the amount of times i've posted doesn't bother SI in the slightest! But the loss of many loyal fans (including myself) will certainly hurt their profits...

Asda will refund you if you tell a person working that you bought the game as a present for someone (brother etc) and when you tested it to make sure it was OK it didnt work. You then rushed out to another store and bought the game again for him, tested it, and it worked fine.

Usually they will offer to replace the copy with another, but if you tell them it was a present and you have already been forced to rush out and buy another they'll give you a refund...they wont be all that happy about it though!

Thanks, very helpful!

I'm not saying I won't get my moneys worth, but I paid more than normal for the game so I could play it today! I might as well take it back and get it when all the bugs are fixed at half the price

And i'm sure the amount of times i've posted doesn't bother SI in the slightest! But the loss of many loyal fans (including myself) will certainly hurt their profits...

You didn't pay more than the normal game price in order to play today. You paid the normal game price; or at least the price Asda was charging. It cost me £27.99 in Game and I'll get my moneys worth whether I play it first today or first next week. You could have ordered it in advance from a number of online retailers and received it in the post this morning. It may well have been even cheaper. Probably will have.

If you wait till all the 'bugs' are fixed and buy it at half price then you won't get the greater value for money as if you bought it today and played tomorrow when this issue will likely be fixed. You will have less time to play it, before the next version comes out.

I have a further news flash for you. You're not a loyal fan if you can't respect the fact that problems happen. SI have a huge user base. They can never correctly estimate the number of users that will flood a system on the day of the release of a game. They do what they can and they do the best they can. If one little problem, that means you can't play a game for a few hours, causes you to desert ship then you are not loyal to FM.

I won't jump ship. I won't get tetchy at a little thing. If the game simply doesn't work or half the features they advertise don't appear then I may get tetchy and feel like I've spent money on a dodgy product. That's not the case with FM09. There's been a breakdown in the way their infrastructure has worked.

Half the clogging is probably from frustrated children trying, over and over, to activate their game. If people sat back and had a little patience then that may be resolved somewhat.

I will add that I'm not overly impressed with the recent over use of DRM software. Games will be pirated anyway, and half these problems that cause such angst might not even arise if DRM were not used. I believe SI have, in the past, used coding in the game that will mess up on pirated versions. If that worked then why change it? All games developers have every right to protect their intellectual properties, but DRM software is causing far too much of a contention.

That aside, ther is no reason for people to be getting quite as angsty as they are.

Archived