Just a quick question from a fm noob

hi all. i just bought my fm09 this morning and i have a few questions.

im at college atm, so cant play til this afternoon.

so, i have bought a box copy, do i still need to do this authentification thing? or os that just for steam?

and will the update allow my laptop to play 3d?

cant remember the stats off the top of my head but it has 2gb of ram and an intel accelerator 950 or some sort ><

thanks for the help, if you can give me any, sory for being a bit vague :)

You will still need to authenticate your boxed game. The quickest and easiest way to do this is through steam, and if you do it this way you'll automatically get the patch. But you can also do it over the phone, check the stickied threads at the top of the forum for more info.

Also, if you read the patch change list thread stickied at the top it details which graphics cards are now working with the game.

You will still need to authenticate your boxed game. The quickest and easiest way to do this is through steam, and if you do it this way you'll automatically get the patch. But you can also do it over the phone, check the stickied threads at the top of the forum for more info.

Also, if you read the patch change list thread stickied at the top it details which graphics cards are now working with the game.

But something I can't seem to get an answer to is this; do you need to have installed the game before you can activate and get the patch?

oh right, thanks alot. ive not got steam. so would i need to phone? or is there another way of doing it online?

But something I can't seem to get an answer to is this; do you need to have installed the game before you can activate and get the patch?

How would you activate a game that you had not installed yet :confused:

Or were you being silly and due to the lack of smily I just didn't pick up on it?

• SI Staff

You can download the patch from the links in the "activation and update" thread, but you cannot install it, or activate the game, before installing. If you are planning on going through STEAM, then STEAM will automatically update the game when you install.

oh right, thanks alot. ive not got steam. so would i need to phone? or is there another way of doing it online?

The game will install STEAM for you if you choose this option, but there is another way to autenticate online when you install the game too.

Steam is very simple to download. It's free and fairly unintrusive. Personally I'd say that it's the simplest way to activate the game. There is another online option, I can't remember what it is off the top of my head. Check the stickied threads and it will tell you.

Edit: Damn you Jacobson, you beat me to it :p

I downloaded the patch last night, but obviously need to install the game first, so when i use the authentication code is the only way online through steam?

edit: miles replied whilst i wrote this. ignore me...

you may have to comfort me this afternoon, when i cant do it ;)

How would you activate a game that you had not installed yet :confused:

Or were you being silly and due to the lack of smily I just didn't pick up on it?

I was getting confused. I didn't know if, when you tried to install, the game would say 'you cannot install this game as you have not yet authenticated it' or something like that.

Archived