Comp advice

Just Brought a Reconditioned PC From Ebay. 2.4 Pentium 4, Dual Core, 2 Gig of Ram, 40 Gig HD for £100, Delivered. Works A treat. Spend the Change on a GFX card (If You want 3D) And DVD Drive (If needed) and your away for a fraction for the cost. Best buy I have made for AGES

As general advice, refurbished PCs can be mega cheap for great speed, the reason being that they're refurbished because there was something wrong with them. The thing that was wrong with them may have been minor so will not actually have any future problem.

But in the end it's always best to buy it from a proper shop so that you have a warranty or something.

As general advice, refurbished PCs can be mega cheap for great speed, the reason being that they're refurbished because there was something wrong with them. The thing that was wrong with them may have been minor so will not actually have any future problem.

But in the end it's always best to buy it from a proper shop so that you have a warranty or something.

Granted, you dont get a full Warranty, but Mine was cleared from an office and has no DVD Drive (£30 New) or decent GFX card (£60 New) Hence the Price, and for £100 I can see it go up in smoke in a year and still feel that it was worth the Purchase, Especially if Internet and FM are all you will use it for (Like me).

Personal Opinion/Choice I Suppose as always, But I would Definatly By a Re-con again, No Issues.

You could try looking at places like these:

www.dell.co.uk

www.novatech.co.uk

www.cclonline.com/systems

Novatech win several awards for their service/prices/range so are a pretty safe bet.

As for Specifications, ideally look for the following:

Dual Core (Pentium, Core 2 Duo, Athlon X2) 2GHz+

2GB RAM

Graphics look at 256MB memory with a GeForce or Radeon branding to be safe

Go for higher than 2Ghz perhaps, keeping in mind future FM releases in case they require more.

RAM can also be added on so don't worry if you only have 512MB or 1GB RAM. The processor speed however can't be increased other than overclocking, which done wrongly can lead to blue screens of death!

Archived