query?

hi

all

not sure whether this is in the right place for this thread. sorry if it is in the wrong place.

i aint got the net at home at the minute, just at work unfortunately.

i still havent been able to play the demo yet.

my mate downloaded the game on a disk for me etc. all is fine i installed it and like many people was hit with a message, cant install etc.

i know my problem is the direct x problem.

therefore my mate downloaded the direct x files i needed etc from the net and put them on a disk for me.

he installed it all for me but it still wouldnt work. he believes it is because the game is automatically trying to recognise the direct x files from the net and not the disk. (if that makes sense to you guys?) im not very technological minded as you can see.

anyway i know i aint played the game yet but was still going to buy the game and try the full version.

would the game get stuck at the same installiation bit like the demo? therfore not allowing me to play?

like i say im not at my home comp so cant give u the exact spec for my comp. i believe i have 3gig and 512mb. which in principal should be enough to play at a very basic level.

i know my graphics card wont be good enough to play 3d and i fully except that. but will it still play 2d?

its an integrated graphics card maybe a radeon 9000? not sure of exact make.

i am willing to upgrade my graphics card if it cant even run 2d but surelly it will? (i hope)

if any of you guys could shed any light that would be much appreciated.

Archived