Playing '09 in 2D format?

Does anyone know that if i decide not to upgrade my current pc - which worked fine for FM08, will i be ok for FM09 as long as i don't play it in 3D? Will i get the opportunity to just select 2D or will i simply get the 'can't load' graphics error? Are there any other upgrades in the new game which means i'll have to buy a new pc or are the specs - bar the 3D option, the same as before?

My graphic card couldn't handle 3D,so it automatically started off with 2D in the Vanilla Demo

How weird! I never got the option. It just said something like "cannot load" - some kinda graphic error. Just wondered if i'll get the option in the new game or whether i'll just get the same error message without being able to choose 2D

SI are looking to improve support so that as many people can at least play the game with the 2D engine as possible. However, the whole game is now rendered using DirectX, so some graphics capability may always be needed.

Ah. All i had before was a standard graphic card, which was ok for '08. Will i get by with this or will i still need an upgrade for '09?

Archived