I need help with FM09 purchase please

I am going to obviously buy FM 2009. I have just been on the steam program to check it out and it says it will be out on the 13th...it says unlocked, does that mean I can play on the 13th? Also why is FM09 on Steam more expensive?

Also does anyone know if getting the game from Steam is safe? Will I have a hard copy? Will I have it forever? What if I lose my details or credit card? What about the manual? What about the 5 uses only thing?...will all them apply if I buy from Steam?

I can't be bothered reading the forums so someone who knows what is happening can tell me if they like, thanks.

Or does someone have a link to somewhere other than the info posted on this board about everything very detailed about the steam download.

It depends on whether you really want the disk with the game I think.

You can download it through steam on the 13th, but you can't play it from till the 14th when you get to activate it. If you buy it you get the DVD, manual etc, and then have to activate it when you get home.

The 5 uses thing means that you can install it on any computer that has one of your steam accounts on it, I'm not sure that if this means you can just transfer it across or you have to download the whole game again. Someone else may be able to tell you that. But I know that if you uninstall it you 'regain' that license on another computer, I think.

No matter what, I think that Steam is going to be a must for activating the game online and then downloading and installing patches etc.

Personally, I've pre ordered the game from play.com, because of my net connection I have only a semi-decent download speed, so downloading the whole game would take far too long. But I will keep it updated with steam.

Getting the game from steam is safe, you can just download the game again on to your computer if you mess about with files etc, you will have it forever, I'm not sure about your credit card.

It depends on whether you really want the disk with the game I think.

You can download it through steam on the 13th, but you can't play it from till the 14th when you get to activate it. If you buy it you get the DVD, manual etc, and then have to activate it when you get home.

The 5 uses thing means that you can install it on any computer that has one of your steam accounts on it, I'm not sure that if this means you can just transfer it across or you have to download the whole game again. Someone else may be able to tell you that. But I know that if you uninstall it you 'regain' that license on another computer, I think.

No matter what, I think that Steam is going to be a must for activating the game online and then downloading and installing patches etc.

Personally, I've pre ordered the game from play.com, because of my net connection I have only a semi-decent download speed, so downloading the whole game would take far too long. But I will keep it updated with steam.

Getting the game from steam is safe, you can just download the game again on to your computer if you mess about with files etc, you will have it forever, I'm not sure about your credit card.

I always have an internet connection but I thought the game was playable on the 13th via Steam, if it ain't I may aswell just buy it because I get to keep the disc and get a manual...oh and don't forget you get the cover and the FM leaflet thing that goes in between the cover and the clear plastic sheet aswell.

I always have an internet connection but I thought the game was playable on the 13th via Steam, if it ain't I may aswell just buy it because I get to keep the disc and get a manual...oh and don't forget you get the cover and the FM leaflet thing that goes in between the cover and the clear plastic sheet aswell.

Pretty sure that you have to wait until midnight on Thursday to activate the game, so if you download it you could start at 00:00 on Thursday/Friday, or go to ASDA/Tesco and buy it, also think its slightly more expensive over Steam.

Pretty sure that you have to wait until midnight on Thursday to activate the game, so if you download it you could start at 00:00 on Thursday/Friday, or go to ASDA/Tesco and buy it, also think its slightly more expensive over Steam.

Oh...I read the timer wrong, even better 00:00...because I thought you couldn't play till Friday 9am. I hope the patch gets released at midnight too, I don't want to wait for 9am or anytime after that.

Archived